Puncture Proof, Puncture Resistant, Solid Inner Tube Tire, Slime liquid

Peters

Has anyone have any experience with the best solution for making our single tire more puncture proof?
Care to share your experience or recommendation?
Be great NEVER to have to worry about flats tire again !

Puncture Proof inner tube
Puncture Proof tire
Solid inner tube
Solid tire
Slime liquid (or similar product)
Puncture proof shield

Thank you

71Jc6vZN4lL._AC_SX466_.jpg

6a01156f7533eb970c0154328a759c970c-450wi.png

51Jet7FCyUL._AC_SX450_.jpg

61InuGqfHlL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tire protection and sealants are well-discussed in mountainbike forums. Some riders even make their own concoction. 

Idk when this was published but here's a good comparison of current offerings - https://mbaction.com/tire-sealant-shootout

There's also a dedicated inner tube sealant out recently from "Muc-Off".

https://bikerumor.com/2020/06/19/still-using-inner-tubes-add-new-muc-off-inner-tube-sealant-for-no-puncture-hassle/

I've been using Stans notubes  since it first came out and so far, only one flat recorded on my trailbike. The main caveat is that they dry up and needs refilling.  Normally, I'd partially pry out one side of the tire bead which is easy to do on a bike. I'm yet to try them on EUC's or my road bikes.

You can install a knobby tire, as most unicycles come with smooth tires. That will protect an inner tube.

I don't think any screw shorter than 1cm is a danger to C-186... But it's way louder than stock. :huh: 6k km so far without puncture or visible wear.

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 6:56 AM, Skecys said:

Just use slime, easy to apply and works fine. You don't want solid anything, the ride is harsh as is ;)

I second that! No solid anything! Best you can do is to keep a newish tire on it with deep tread, try to avoid obstacles and use slime. I don't use sealants in mine, I keep tubes on hand. Lots of riders have good luck with slime and I'm sure it has it's merit. Seems one thing hasnt changed since the 80's, and its the fact that air in tires is a great shock absorber, conforms to road surfaces, and is prone to leaks. Good to see all that practice changing tubes on my bikes as  a kid, is still paying off. This topic/idea has been beaten to death in other posts. I dont recall where, but probably good info in the tyre section.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

Hello, 

I'm 58 and my hands are poor shape, 

I have a kingsong S16 which I enjoy, but I'm finished with tyres or undoing screws etc. And I'm looking at puncture proof tyre 40cms being installed.

As I only ever travel at 11kms an hour would you advise this 'upgrade' ?

Please let me know,

Steven thomas

Queensland Australia 

cngqld@gmail.com 

1 hour ago, snaglet said:

As I only ever travel at 11kms an hour would you advise this 'upgrade' ?

At that speed, I would think you'd be alright. It'll probably be a rougher ride. I'm of course assuming that the tire will fit your rim!