Best 16-inch wheels

dmethvin

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello Guys, I'm new here and considering to purchase a 16" EUC for short distance commune to work. 

The product I have in mind is the Ninebot One E+ but it is not actually mentioned in this discussion. Could you give me some advise on what might be the 'issue' that you don't think it is one of the best 16 inch EUC? Thank you.

5 hours ago, cloudust said:

Hello Guys, I'm new here and considering to purchase a 16" EUC for short distance commune to work. 

The product I have in mind is the Ninebot One E+ but it is not actually mentioned in this discussion. Could you give me some advise on what might be the 'issue' that you don't think it is one of the best 16 inch EUC? Thank you.

Hi @cloudust.

The 9bot1 E+ is a good unit - though just now I think there is a bit of confusion around suppliers (and warranties) - this is the result of some changes at the Ninebot company.

It should also be mentioned that there is no "best" wheel, and there are a number of factors that contribute to which wheel may suit you more...

You say you want to commute. What sort of distance (range) will you be travelling? And over what sort of terrain? Also, what weight will your wheel need to be carrying (ie. you + all gear, lunch, etc)?

12 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hi @cloudust.

The 9bot1 E+ is a good unit - though just now I think there is a bit of confusion around suppliers (and warranties) - this is the result of some changes at the Ninebot company.

It should also be mentioned that there is no "best" wheel, and there are a number of factors that contribute to which wheel may suit you more...

You say you want to commute. What sort of distance (range) will you be travelling? And over what sort of terrain? Also, what weight will your wheel need to be carrying (ie. you + all gear, lunch, etc)?

@The Fat UnicyclistThank you for your reply. I'm new to EUC so there might be some questions. I live in the Netherlands so the road is pretty much flat and I don't live far away from the office. The distance is less than 10km (one way).

The weight it will carry is less than 75kg.

You mentioned about the changes at the Ninebot. What do you mean exactly? 

19 minutes ago, cloudust said:

@The Fat UnicyclistThank you for your reply. I'm new to EUC so there might be some questions. I live in the Netherlands so the road is pretty much flat and I don't live far away from the office. The distance is less than 10km (one way).

The weight it will carry is less than 75kg.

You mentioned about the changes at the Ninebot. What do you mean exactly? 

Thanks @HEC - you posted as I was finding the same thread. 

@cloudust - you should get the gist if you read SuperSport's "rant."

As for your commute... For that weight, travelling ~10km on flat (paved?) terrain, an E+ should probably go really well. 

But whichever EUC you end up with - ENJOY!

5 minutes ago, HEC said:

@cloudust For your weight and distance I'd actually recommend the Inmotion V5F+ and while it's "only" 14" wheel I'd say it's design and features are excellent and would be my second "design award" choice after Solowheel Xtreme.

@HEC Thank you for your suggestion. I'll check them up.

9 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Thanks @HEC - you posted as I was finding the same thread. 

@cloudust - you should get the gist if you read SuperSport's "rant."

As for your commute... For that weight, travelling ~10km on flat (paved?) terrain, an E+ should probably go really well. 

But whichever EUC you end up with - ENJOY!

@The Fat Unicyclist Thank you for your suggestion. I'll definitely enjoy and its freedom.

28 minutes ago, cloudust said:

I live in the Netherlands so the road is pretty much flat and I don't live far away from the office. The distance is less than 10km (one way).

Hey fellow countryperson :) 

For your flat commute on smooth roads and with your weight, you will be able to do the 20 km return-trip (without much margin). I myself have commuted on a nb1 e+ for 9 months and loved it. I cannot compare with other 16" wheels though. I only know that on the flat smooth roads, you might want to be able to go faster after a while.

The nb1 e+ is a very good, all round, first wheel.

14 minutes ago, cloudust said:

@The Fat Unicyclist Thank you for your suggestion. I'll definitely enjoy and its freedom.

One further thing to keep in mind - this is a fun thing, and you will most likely want to ride more. So consider a capability beyond your initial requirements. 

2 hours ago, cloudust said:

Thanks everyone for the advise.

I saw some discussion on the Ninebot One E+ killer, Inmotion V5F & V5F+. Do these two models have 16 inch wheels? I have to say they do look pretty.

Those Inmotions do indeed looks beautiful. I'd say they're one of the best looking eucs Ive seen yet - 14inch though.

Archived