Threading motor cable insulation?

null

Having a early production batch Sherman I have to separate and isolate the motor cables.
The fiber sleeves Veteran supposedly sent out won't fit over the eyelet of the power cables.

Did everyone else have to order new sleeves and wait a month to reassemble their Sherman or what happened?

it’s a bit annoying to have it stuck because my KS16S is also waiting for a new tube, the one I had the valve was bent in the other direction +_+
Interesting to see them side by side, with the motor being same diameter, only thickness changes. Rim width is the same.

F84C7384-BED6-449E-B5A2-7862AEB57791.jpeg

DDFD7537-DAFD-4C07-82D8-032BBEA6BE6B.jpeg

Edited by null
  • Like 1

I made a guide to keep the cables apart. (I really do not wish to have to wait a month to finish assembling the thing)
Printing 3-4 as PETG to put along the way, should do the job.

If anyone have a reason for not doing it this way please chime in.

edit: either they will have to turn left and touch the battery, heating it up, or I could guide them higher up before turning left. This would make a harder turn. Hmm hmm..

edit 2: I don't know how to route them upward without them touching the battery or other wires heating them up.
I guess the Sherman will be stuck till fiberglass sleeve is delivered.

IMG_4803.jpg

F7594A6C-0CEE-47A0-A93D-DB3C7DFFC2B4.jpeg

Edited by null
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1