Request for "Test Pilots" in the Germany Berlin area

Geowurm

I am searching for experianced Test Pilots for 3 different Unicycles.

I'd like to find out how they behave under the following situations: (unicycle stresstest)

- Steep ramp with heavy loads

- High speed behaviour

- fast Acceleration

So if you are located in the Germany/Berlin area, are an experianced unicycle testpilot and got your own safety equipment you are welcome to get in contact with me.

2 hours ago, Geowurm said:

I'd like to find out how they behave under the following situations: (unicycle stresstest)

- High speed behaviour

- fast Acceleration

So if you are located in the Germany/Berlin area, are an experianced unicycle testpilot and got your own safety equipment you are welcome to get in contact with me.

Steep ramps in Berlin? Come over here to Switzerland. I'll test your unicycles with steep slopes, acceleration and heavy load.

21 hours ago, Geowurm said:

- High speed behaviour

- fast Acceleration

I am located in Berlin but I wouldn't dare testing any unicycle under these extreme conditions. During my learning phase I did not fall once. But when I got more experienced I fell several times because of pits, too steep slopes, and other ground conditions on the way. Yesterday might have been a shut-down, I don't know. I will only ride under defined, rather slow (max. 13km/h) and modest circumstances. There are too many parameters to test the behaviour of an electric unicycle in a complicable way. Bodyweight, motor, pitch, acceleration, conditions of the battery pack (even single cells), controlboard: you never know exactly what causes a problem. Even the famous Ninebot One seems to having produced sudden shut downs after customers had updated the firmware. 

22 hours ago, ScooterB said:

I am located in Berlin but I wouldn't dare testing any unicycle under these extreme conditions. During my learning phase I did not fall once. But when I got more experienced I fell several times because of pits, too steep slopes, and other ground conditions on the way. Yesterday might have been a shut-down, I don't know. I will only ride under defined, rather slow (max. 13km/h) and modest circumstances. There are too many parameters to test the behaviour of an electric unicycle in a complicable way. Bodyweight, motor, pitch, acceleration, conditions of the battery pack (even single cells), controlboard: you never know exactly what causes a problem. Even the famous Ninebot One seems to having produced sudden shut downs after customers had updated the firmware. 

Hi ScooterB,

the most important thing I want to know is the acceleration shut down behavior of the VELVOR X3. Is there a BMS shut down while accelerate from 0 to 10 within 2 - 4  seconds on good street conditions with a rider of around 100 kg. It need to be tested in a safe manner with full protection in place, because if the X3 shuts down the driver will face plant for sure.

Basically as I have mentioned before, these cheap models use the old motherboard design having 350w motors and low battery capacity/quality which is combined with poor bms implementation. Hence they are meant only for slow fun rides at the park.

Here are examples of weak EUC's as tested by @Austin Marhold :

Archived