Gotway mten3 vs Used Solo wheel Glide 3 vs Used InMotion V10

jmop

I'm looking for my first wheel and don't want to spend too much money. I was thinking that the mten3 would be a good starter wheel since it is relatively cheaper than most wheels ($780 on ewheels) and has decent specs. Based on snooping around, it seems to be a wheel that I wouldn't need to sell down the line. I don't really want to end up having to sell my wheel even though it is my first wheel (which is why I was drawn to the mten3). However, I'd ideally end up beating the first wheel to the ground and only upgrade when I am forced to. Which brings me to the other options I've found.

Someone local to me is selling a v10 for $900 with 50 miles on it. I'm not too sure if that is a good deal or not. I also found someone with a Solo wheel Glide 3 for $650 + shipping which would bring it to around $720 (I think). The solo wheel is in like new condition (1.054 miles) but is 2 years old--the original owner tried to get into it but quit after he couldn't learn until finally deciding to sell it. Is that a good price? I think I could probably try to bargain on the used wheels, but I don't think the sellers are too keen on that.

Which one should I buy? Also, if there are any problems with the used wheels down the line, how easy would it be to fix myself?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jmop said:

I'm looking for my first wheel and don't want to spend too much money. I was thinking that the mten3 would be a good starter wheel since it is relatively cheaper than most wheels ($780 on ewheels) and has decent specs. Based on snooping around, it seems to be a wheel that I wouldn't need to sell down the line. I don't really want to end up having to sell my wheel even though it is my first wheel (which is why I was drawn to the mten3). However, I'd ideally end up beating the first wheel to the ground and only upgrade when I am forced to. Which brings me to the other options I've found.

Someone local to me is selling a v10 for $900 with 50 miles on it. I'm not too sure if that is a good deal or not. I also found someone with a Solo wheel Glide 3 for $650 + shipping which would bring it to around $720 (I think). The solo wheel is in like new condition (1.054 miles) but is 2 years old--the original owner tried to get into it but quit after he couldn't learn until finally deciding to sell it. Is that a good price? I think I could probably try to bargain on the used wheels, but I don't think the sellers are too keen on that.

Which one should I buy? Also, if there are any problems with the used wheels down the line, how easy would it be to fix myself?

Think I'd rather have the v10 as a learning wheel it will probably last you longer even after you have learnt , or the mten3 that's one fun wheel but it might be a bit twitchy for learning on , if go for the v10 even if it is more money

• 2 weeks later...

Either the V8 or V10/V10F (depending on rider weight & usage case) are a better first wheel than the mten3.

Also the $650 mten3 on ewheels is no more, and the cheapest mten3 on ewheels is now $780.

Edited by AtlasP

Being an Mten3 owner, I can honestly say its a very special & unique wheel in a category all its own. There's nothing like for riding slow (ie. walking pace), for learning tricks & for me, for winter riding. Any&all chores that are done walking, jogging & running can be replaced with the lil' Mten3 with much more aplomb & most importantly fun. I cannot see myself replacing it. Indeed if there's an option with winter tires, I'd get another just for that purpose.

All that said, I'm unsure if its better than the Inmotions as a learner wheel. Infact I think the V5/8 might arguably, be the best beginner wheel/s. However, I can almost say with 99% confidence that if one is any which way enthused with this hobby, will want to upgrade once the learning phase passes.

So choose your poison 😅