Does anyone know if the Lemfo is water resistant or water proof?

• 4 weeks later...

Lemfo colmpany does say Lemfo is water resistant and waterproof. I have 2 of them. They are definitely water resistant. Waterproof? Swimming is ok. But diving, no! I mainly use them to monitor my wheel performance during riding using apps like Wheellog or EUC World.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

my lemfo has hit water and still works. Ive read that it is fairly water resistant and i THINK theres even a membrane in it that protects the speaker. One thing it is NOT, is concrete/rock proof. Damn glass screen breaks pretty easily, so try and hit the ground first and let the lemfo fall on you :). Ive been meaning to try and design/print a flexible cover for it, but my skillz are severely lacking. My lemfo is a dedicated eucw device. I use it for NOTHING else but eucw and to play music thru the wheel. Worth the $100 to me! No cell plan or sim card required. I revel in the glorious knowledge that if i fall into a creek or ditch, it could be days before I'm found.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

my lemfo has hit water and still works. Ive read that it is fairly water resistant and i THINK theres even a membrane in it that protects the speaker. One thing it is NOT, is concrete/rock proof. Damn glass screen breaks pretty easily, so try and hit the ground first and let the lemfo fall on you :). Ive been meaning to try and design/print a flexible cover for it, but my skillz are severely lacking. My lemfo is a dedicated eucw device. I use it for NOTHING else but eucw and to play music thru the wheel. Worth the $100 to me! No cell plan or sim card required. I revel in the glorious knowledge that if i fall into a creek or ditch, it could be days before I'm found.

Cheapest I could find the LemT is 149 on ebay and they was a steal. Watched your video and ordered that night. Ordered a holder for the LemT off of Hulaj Market that doubled as a headlight protector. LemT will be here in 30 some days. 

I would worry more about the water and the wheel, than the watch. Don't take this as gospel, but I wouldnt bat an eye about wearing or riding with a lemfo in a torrential downpour.  I put a clear protector on the front, after my screen cracked. Small crack and was caused by end over end wheel tumble. The casing of the watch took a hit and the glass didnt flex. No big deal, works fine and its along the edge. Just to be safe tho, I installed a bullshit thin 'protective' cover that keeps the glass together and keeps me from feeling it on the finger.  its a bulky little thing, but at least I can see it. It vibrates enough, you WILL notice if its attached to you. Any smaller and I cant see screens or hit a single tap icon.  Eucw on mine is setup as a single icon to open it. Thanks to seba, i can double tap the only screen I use on eucw (front screen) and csv logging starts. A long press and the tour starts. Once thats started, I dont touch the device much. I change music and volume from time to time, but typically i prefer stopping to do such things. Let me know how you get along with it. Install a custom keyboard and gps app. Its a long battery life. Not the greatest device in the world, but if you practice the k.i.s.s. method with it, its just dandy.  I hope to do some high speed highway travels. I MAY bother setting alarms and wearing the lemfo for that kinda thing. 40-45mph wind speeds make me worry i wont hear the wheel beeps. Its too bad that $150 is low price now. I dont recall exactly what i paid, but i got a TON of memory to store my entire cd collection (priorities right?!). I figured it would be even cheaper nowadays with less memory, but seems like it isn't. FInally got around to printing a 'cover' for the watch. Dunno if itll help much, but it looks nice at least.

I put fuzzy velcro on the watch band on both sides. It allows me to velcro it to random places yet still wear it. We use it for music on the golf cart too :)

lemfo protector.jpg

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2