Used GW Msuper X 84V 1600 Wh or New GW MCM5 v2

Hi Guys,

I am from Germany and I am am very interested in the hobby of eucs. I was trying to get as much information as possible about what kind of euc to get for a beginner. I don't want to get a slow euc that I possibly outgrow pretty fast so I am eyeballing the mcm5 v2 for the last week and i almost ordered it from Ali for about 900€.

Then there was a used GW Msuper X showing up on local eBay sales. It costs around 1000€, so it is a bit more expensive, 1,5 years old with 3500 km ridden. The Guy seems to be an enthusiast and cared a Lot about it - brighter headlight, New Ambient LED and New tire for Bretter off-roading, Number-plate, a dirt-shield and so on...

I really need Help there :D which one ist the better deal?

And pleased excuse my miserable english skills

Sincerely, 

Marius 

Hi and welcome.

The MSX is still a very good wheel, and the price is reasonable as well. You can estimate the battery life expectancy (down to 80%) by doing range x 300 cycles (most common low) so about 80km (conservative) > 24000km minus some wear from age.

Between the two I’d say it depends if you want to do more urban or not so fast riding (smaller wheel) or go fast or far (the larger wheel)
edit: larger wheel is also more confortable; if you don't need it to be light I'd say MSX.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Marius Furthermore said:

Thanks a Lot for your response.

I messaged the guy with the msx, but he did not answer yet. I'll keep you updated ;)

There is also a ks18XL on Kleinanzeigen for the same price, maybe another option. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i have an MSX as my main EUC, and i am really happy with it, but i just ordered an MCM5 V2 as a 2nd wheel. The MCM5 is most probably an easier wheel to learn on than the heavy MSX. I learned on a Ninebot One S2 and of course i outgrew it fast, but that was more or less planned. 

When looking for a used wheel, you don't know what crashes the wheel has survived, how many weeks it was stored with full or depleated battery, and how many parts have been replaced. I'd rather buy it new, got my MSX for like 1300 Euro (you have to ask the seller for a rebate / promo code).

So, if you budget is just not high enough for a new MSX, i'd rather get a new MCM5 than a used (or abused?) MSX. Both are powerful and will go on street and also on forest trails, but surely the MSX will do better offroad, while the MCM5 will be easier to learn riding and be much more nimble on a skate park for example. I also expect the range of the MCM5 be roughly half of the MSX, of course.

I'll take my MCM5 to the skate park and have it to let other people learn to ride. It will also be a blast for my nephew to go on tour with me, using the MCM5 instead of his Ninebot One C+. Perhaps my wife gives it a try as well?

Greetings,

Stefan

Edited by btl
  • Like 1