Would not recommend.  Shining a laser into someone's eye could cause injury.  In the course of ordinary forward or backward motion there is no risk of that, but all bets would be off if the unicycle fell over on its side.

Looks REALLY cool, definitely Avengers stylin', but.... I think its begging for trouble on the streets and draws attention. I guess it all depends on the use intent and how the locals feel about it. I learned as a teen, don't put anything on your vehicle that draws attention. Perhaps trails and bike paths are much different? I've never lived in a bike friendly area, no paths for me.  Almost looks like its letting you know EXACTLY where it plans to plant the back of your head if you overlean. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet

You'd need to know where the lasers end up when leaning forward on the wheel so you can tell if they'll be in people's eyes. Other than that the only issue is they they attract a bit more attention but for night riding on the side of the road that might be a good thing

On 10/31/2020 at 4:28 PM, Toad said:

Would not recommend.  Shining a laser into someone's eye could cause injury.  In the course of ordinary forward or backward motion there is no risk of that, but all bets would be off if the unicycle fell over on its side.

This is a gross exaggeration. I grew up with laser lights, I know.  It would need to be a strong laser or extended/repeated exposure to your eye. Have you ever seen a dance club with laser lights? Many popular Christmas and Halloween decorations shine lasers all over peoples houses and trees from ground level. Laser lights are everywhere. This is also a diffused and split laser. I'm also not riding near people most of the time.

On 11/2/2020 at 12:16 AM, Tryptych said:

I have the same one from AliExpress on my V8, it's awesome. It makes you more visible in traffic and looks pretty cool. 

Awesome! Is it set up like mine?

On 11/2/2020 at 7:43 AM, I_Must_Bust said:

You'd need to know where the lasers end up when leaning forward on the wheel so you can tell if they'll be in people's eyes. Other than that the only issue is they they attract a bit more attention but for night riding on the side of the road that might be a good thing

When leaning forward the lights spread out a little behind me, like a foot or so. I only use this when I ride at night to be additional to the brake light it, only draws attention if you're nearby.

On 11/2/2020 at 8:04 AM, null said:

I've seen these on kickscooters; the concept is cool but they don't show much between the dark asphalt and street lighting.

The photo I posted is showing the lasers in an illuminated room. They are even brighter on the sidewalk and even on the street. The light is close to the ground, so there is no loss of illumination from the distance traveled.

I think this is a fantastic idea. Cars tend to pass too close for comfort when I’m riding in a bike lane. I ride on the outer part to try and avoid being doored by parked cars. I think these projected lines would stake out a larger chunk of the road, encouraging cars to give a wider berth.

• Like 1