V11: I want a seat now!

Tryptych

Anyone got a V11 seat? Show us a pic?

I don't want to wait 6 months for the InMotion one to be available - what is the best option for us right now? Also - I don't want to strap a bike seat on like I've seen Marty do because it restricts usage of the handle. With that said which is the best seat from another EUC that will work? I saw Duff use the Monster Seat - is that the best option? Anyone got better ideas??

EDIT: I have the official seat now and it was worth the wait, it is perfect. The V11 is the king of comfort thanks to this seat.

Edited by Tryptych

DIY, get a comfy bike seat and one of those spring things, Marty has a tutorial on youtube, seems like the most comfortable and practical option anyway.

Already have mine here waiting for when the V11 arrives.

Edit: I was too fast, saw you described it restricting the handle, but it doesn't, you mount it on the handle and can keep using it. Here is the tutorial for anyone wondering.

Edited by Rawnei

20 hours ago, Tryptych said:

Anyone got a V11 seat? Show us a pic?

I don't want to wait 6 months for the InMotion one to be available - what is the best option for us right now? Also - I don't want to strap a bike seat on like I've seen Marty do because it restricts usage of the handle. With that said which is the best seat from another EUC that will work? I saw Duff use the Monster Seat - is that the best option? Anyone got better ideas??

I had put on the bicycle seat by watching Marty and I didn't like it at all.  I feel it looks terrible and wasn't very comfortable,  took it off soon after.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rawnei said:

DIY, get a comfy bike seat and one of those spring things, Marty has a tutorial on youtube, seems like the most comfortable and practical option anyway.

As badly as I want a seat... It's too ugly... I love my V11 too much to do that

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Themarsman said:

I had put on the bicycle seat by watching Marty and I didn't like it at all.  I feel it looks terrible and wasn't very comfortable,  took it off soon after.

Not sure how you did it but mine feels great. 

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

I want to thank you for that mate. Instant reaction was: "MAN IT LOOKS GOOD" it fits the wheel and is prob safer for the wheel when you crash 

Billedet indeholder sandsynligvis: friluftsliv, tekst, der siger "Coolest and safest seat? 0 NOREN"

I agree, also its slippery. Typical overpriced and not thought thru, maybe its a DIY thang ... EVA foam block will cost you 2 usd.  Its very easy to shape and glue.  Marty solution might be better too.  This thang here is not difficult to make I guess: INMOTION V11 (2020) - Page 50 - Inmotion - Electric Unicycle Forum (euc  community)

Edited by Finn Bjerke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rywokast said:

i will never understand where the prices for seats comes from.. like everything is normally so cheap from china/aliexpress.... but theyre asking 106 dollar for a foam seat??? really, its like a dollar worth of foam....

Same business model as Apple iphone cases or watch straps. Nearly 10% of the cost of the hardware for a piece of silicone. 

2 hours ago, Kekafuch said:

Same business model as Apple iphone cases or watch straps. Nearly 10% of the cost of the hardware for a piece of silicone. 

thats paying for a name,, i buy my phone cases from amazon for 6 bucks lol.. literally the exact same thing

Hi Tryptych
Good to hear ya like it, could you tell a bit more about the trolley handle is it still functional with the seat attched ?  takin off thje seat in a supermarked aint practical I think.....  From What I see here the attachment is just the shape no velcro or magnets also no idea how to keep a functional trolley handle when you travel with your seat.  as far a s I can see.  

H3e6cb0317cc74c9584f08861cf73e7b2o.jpg

Hd2f538c58e8b4e24b727b2da2aee2a59L.jpg

18 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Hi Tryptych
Good to hear ya like it, could you tell a bit more about the trolley handle is it still functional with the seat attched ?  takin off thje seat in a supermarked aint practical I think.....  From What I see here the attachment is just the shape no velcro or magnets also no idea how to keep a functional trolley handle when you travel with your seat.  as far a s I can see.  

H3e6cb0317cc74c9584f08861cf73e7b2o.jpg

Hd2f538c58e8b4e24b727b2da2aee2a59L.jpg

Theres a strip of velcro, its the white band on the pic. Trolley is barely functional after. 

Edited by Ronin Ryder

• 4 weeks later...

This works great - man I love the bike saddle. Marty you have so many postive contributions to the EUC universe. True the braking with bike seat is so muhc better.  My sidepads are fixating my foot a little too much for seated position --- but its OK. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke

9 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

This works great - man I love the bike saddle. Marty you have so many postive contributions to the EUC universe. True the braking with bike seat is so muhc better.  My sidepads are fixating my foot a little too much for seated position --- but its OK. 

Nice you went the bike seat route. So nice. I love it. I can tell you what happens when you wreck as I did. It blew the trolley handle off and had to be out back on. The plus is it took the impact instead of the handle itself and I just had to replace the seat. 

On 11/30/2020 at 5:15 PM, Finn Bjerke said:

Hi Tryptych

The seat does not cover the entire handle - the last 4 inches or so are not covered, so: the trolly handle is still perfectly usable wth the seat installed.

On 11/30/2020 at 4:49 PM, Bumblebees said:

Is the saddle the seat is attached to strong enough to support the riders weight?  

Yes - it seems pretty sturdy. 

In general the seat is awesome, my only complaint is a minor one: it is a bit slippery.