"Go home" behaviour in V11 with 1.2.1 firmware

Seba

11 hours ago, Seba said:

Another observation was that when I activated "Go home" mode yesterday, it remained active even after turning off the unicycle. When I was starting to ride this morning after partial battery charge, it turned out that "Go home" mode was still active.

What does it mean for "go home" mode to be activated when the battery is higher than/no longer within the normal "go home" battery levels? Is performance scaled back at all? Or does it just mean everything is normal but you're able to ride all the way down to what "go home" mode would normally allow?

So the important question becomes...if it is "always on" doesn't that mean we got the change we asked for and now its like every other EUC with no more manual control needed and full battery potential always under your command?  

If so WOOT

Edited by EUChristian

13 hours ago, EUChristian said:

So the important question becomes...if it is "always on" doesn't that mean we got the change we asked for and now its like every other EUC with no more manual control needed and full battery potential always under your command?

Seems it's active as long as battery will be charged above "battery low" threshold. As I only partially charged my V11, it was still in "go home" mode even if the wheel was off overnight. However when I charged it more, "go home" was deactivated. But today I had opportunity to finally test automatic "go home" feature that will be released in next EUC World feature. In short - it works as intented. No tiltback, no need to even slow down :)

18 hours ago, AtlasP said:

What does it mean for "go home" mode to be activated when the battery is higher than/no longer within the normal "go home" battery levels? Is performance scaled back at all? Or does it just mean everything is normal but you're able to ride all the way down to what "go home" mode would normally allow?

I didn't noticed any change in battery level / voltage at which "low battery" mode kicks in. But now you can discharge V11 down to 60 V and it behaves just like any other wheel.

• Like 1

@SebaI am not sure if you noticed the info from IM about new upcoming fw update for the V11. But I think it kind of making it less important the feature you are trying to make with EUC.WORLD. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

@SebaI am not sure if you noticed the info from IM about new upcoming fw update for the V11. But I think it kind of making it less important the feature you are trying to make with EUC.WORLD. 

No, I didn't - thanks :) Well, it would be great to just activate "go home" once without workarounds like the one I implemented.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 12:11 PM, Seba said:

I was able to ride down to 60 volts.

Really?! That shouldn’t be possible with any V11 fw. On mine it allows down to actual 63.0V on the fw 1.2.1, while the earlier fw stopped the ride at 64.4V. But even with the forthcoming permanent Go Home Mode the no-ride limit (95W) is still announced as 63.0V, and that below 61.0V it will no longer balance.

If your V11 goes down to 60.0V, would you be interested in a trade? :D

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Really?! That shouldn’t be possible with any V11 fw. On mine it allows down to actual 63.0V on the fw 1.2.1, while the earlier fw stopped the ride at 64.4V. But even with the forthcoming permanent Go Home Mode the no-ride limit (95W) is still announced as 63.0V, and that below 61.0V it will no longer balance.

So it seems that V11 averages voltage to filter out voltage sag caused by increased load. However, time constant of this filter seems to be quite long. This is a screenshot from EUC World during my test ride (I've been riding uphill at that moment, look at energy consumption). Even if battery voltage dropped to ~61 V, wheel was still rideable without any signs of power limiting. Speed limit was ~30 km/h at that moment and battery level was 6 % what translates to 18 % in Inmotion app.

Screenshot_20201028_191830_net.lastowski.eucworld.thumb.jpg.131059811ee57650a04943f415bb67b9.jpg

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

If your V11 goes down to 60.0V, would you be interested in a trade? :D

No way! :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Seba said:

However, time constant of this filter seems to be quite long.

That explains it all. I did notice on my friends V8 a year ago that the battery meter must have really long averaging since it doesn’t fluctuate at all with regular inclines. I have only monitored the V11 voltages when riding very slowly and carefully at a near empty battery.

• Like 1