V11 bearing problems spare parts takes for ever...

Finn Bjerke

53 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Some V11 have serious bearing propblems - getting new spare parts takes for bloody ever ....- 

Im sure they are still using every part they have to produce new units.  Seems like the wave of preorders still has not even been produced yet and a whole new wave of orders im sure is rolling in as Christmas approaches.  

This is just an unfortunate side effect of buying the newest new wheel on the market.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I also had problem with one of the plastic bracket bearings after a few days of ride. Just minor pressure and it got broken! :blink: Does anyone know where to find the metal replacements?

Untitled

1 hour ago, Steven007 said:

I also had problem with one of the plastic bracket bearings after a few days of ride. Just minor pressure and it got broken! :blink: Does anyone know where to find the metal replacements?

Untitled

Contact your dealer, they will send the metal reinforcements free of charge

2 hours ago, GoGeorgeGo said:

Contact your dealer, they will send the metal reinforcements free of charge

I will, thanks. Purchased the wheel from chicway shop in Europe, hopefully they deliver as good after-sales service as yours

This looks like the saddle piece. A good local dealer will supply you with a new one (maybe) It totally possible to ride the wheel as it is now - but dont crash again - this construction could be better.  I just got a new saddle piece - same under engineered construction BUT added some flimsy metal thingys on top.... We will see how it goes. 

V11 is a great wheel 

Edited by Finn Bjerke

9 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

This looks like the saddle piece. A good local dealer will supply you with a new one (maybe) It totally possible to ride the wheel as it is now - but dont crash again - this construction could be better.  I just got a new saddle piece - same under engineered construction BUT added some flimsy metal thingys on top.... We will see how it goes. 

V11 is a great wheel 

V11 is indeed a good wheel! One of the few weak points are those saddle bearings. Please keep updating about how the metal reinforcements help -_-

26 minutes ago, Cory McDonald said:

Just noticed mine is broken as well and I have never crashed it. I just got it recently. Mine has no metal on it. Just the bolt. It was in batch 3A. I reached out to my dealer. 

Your dealer will sort it i got new saddles sent to me

4 hours ago, Cory McDonald said:

Just noticed mine is broken as well and I have never crashed it. I just got it recently. Mine has no metal on it. Just the bolt. It was in batch 3A. I reached out to my dealer. 

Mine too, never really crashed.  The metal reinforcements should be sthing like in this video: 

4 hours ago, stephen said:

Your dealer will sort it i got new saddles sent to me

Are the replacement saddles sent to you with plastic or metal bearings?

1 hour ago, Cory McDonald said:

Good thing there is the two lower saddle mount bolts. Both of my upper mounts on the saddles are now broken. The upper retaining area is super weak/poor design. Way too brittle.

My dealer is sending the upper bracket metal reinforments, then I can do a review if they help.

Edited by Steven007