RED Light on Charger

Honker

I just got a KS16X. It's my first personal electric vehicle - it's awesome. I've ridden nearly 260 kms. 

I'm charging it. It app says its 100% charged but the light on the charger is still RED. It didnt turn GREEN.

Has anyone had this happen before. Not sure if I should just keep charging it or not.

5 hours ago, Honker said:

I just got a KS16X. It's my first personal electric vehicle - it's awesome. I've ridden nearly 260 kms. 

I'm charging it. It app says its 100% charged but the light on the charger is still RED. It didnt turn GREEN.

Has anyone had this happen before. Not sure if I should just keep charging it or not.

Welcome!

Why do you post this in the off topic section? Your content is very on topic here! If you like i can move this to the Kingsong sub forum.

Regarding your concern - the app reports 100% once the voltage reaches 4.2V per cell. But li ion cell charging consists of a constant current stage which charges the cells to about 80-90% and let them reach this 4.2V. After this the constant voltage stage starts for the rest of the 20-10% real charge % during which the voltage stays (as the name of this stage describes) more or less constant at 4.2V.

The app showing 100% after the constant current stage is just outright wrong!

Edited by Chriull