User Friendly themes stop the bloody mega-threads. Better threads.

35 minutes ago, stephen said:

@Gasmantle i always press activity  then press all activity  so i get to see every new post made ,I keep upto date on this forum and I consider it to be very helpful to newbies and experienced riders and is very helpful to everyone ,,this forum has helped me throughout the years and is still helping me now

For newbies a Google search or forum search will  bring them to this forum for help and if anything we and every other member is very helpful and always has been ,if a newbie  comes with a problem its mostly answered

After all this is where we got all our information and help and its still providing all that now 

Stephen it was a good source of info 12 mths ago but can't you see that isn't the case any more?

We in the UK want EUC's to be legalised and are going to face an uphill struggle whether we like it or not - this is the only forum of any significance, why aren't we promoting EUC usage and chatting about the bigger picture? You know as well as I do that EUC's in the UK are on borrowed time, we need to get together and change things.

If people like yourself could offer more advice and help we'd get further in encouraging greater usage, we need to get EUC's into the public eye and the forum can help if we we stick together.

You live not far from me - have you ever thought that instead of talking about firmware v5.673 we take a couple of wheels to the town centre for members of the public to have a go? I'm sure that will advance the cause and give the forum something new to focus on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

For example, my favorite trolley handle is honestly the MSuper. No one agrees so I don’t tell anyone that it a good system. I actually hate all other trolly systems.  

I hate to go off topic (which i excel at)  but YES you are absolutely right my friend! I feel the exact same. :clap3:

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 9:52 PM, Gasmantle said:

Can't you appreciate I'm trying to help the forum rather than build walls?

Your idea and comments were appreciated by several responses, and  despite these two darlings above trying to derail :P, the discussion is still ongoing. To me it is an example of the exact opposite of what you are concerned about.

If @travsformation’s and others’ replies don’t convey my thoughts well, neither will anything I’ll ever be able to say or type.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:30 PM, Gasmantle said:

Stephen it was a good source of info 12 mths ago but can't you see that isn't the case any more?

I see exactly the opposite. Looking for specific help or certain topics of discussion is much easier with the new subforums.

why aren't we promoting EUC usage and chatting about the bigger picture?

Aren’t we? And shouldn’t a question “why aren’t we...” be answered by the same “we” that is asking?

take a couple of wheels to the town centre for members of the public to have a go? I'm sure that will advance the cause and give the forum something new to focus on.

Just to reiterate the way I see it, you were asked a few times what should be done about the issues you mention. The quote above was your first concrete suggestion. But while a great idea, it has nothing to do with the forum, how it’s being run, or what the mods should, shouldn’t, or even could do. If you want to do an event like that, the forum is a great platform to do so.

I’m only underlining this in so much detail to show that while a general idea can be good, a forum that controls, Trumps and redirects the discussion isn’t. It isn’t a free one. It also sounds like you are putting the mods on a bit of a pedestal. We are just EUC enthusiasts and forum members, just like yourself. In addition we just help out a bit every now and then, but we don’t get to decide what other forum members want to discuss.

22 hours ago, xiiijojjo said:

I hate to go off topic (which i excel at)  but YES you are absolutely right my friend! I feel the exact same. :clap3:

Ok, let’s try not to derail too much here so we don’t have to split the thread! Besides, you are just plain wrong:efef77eaf5:

• Like 2

On 11/11/2020 at 8:30 PM, Gasmantle said:

You live not far from me - have you ever thought that instead of talking about firmware v5.673 we take a couple of wheels to the town centre for members of the public to have a go? I'm sure that will advance the cause and give the forum something new to focus on.

Not speaking for @stephen, but whilst the idea is noble and generous, I for one wouldn't allow anyone to ride my wheel that wasn't already an experienced rider. I can't afford to unnecessarily risk it being dropped. I know that's not helping our cause, but it wouldn't help my bank account either. Even on grass, damage can occur, especially on the balsa wood shelled MSX :) Maybe Stephen is a little more benevolent, he seems to have loadsa money :D

As for your other comments, I do get where you are coming from, but I don't quite see it the same way. I check in on here pretty much every day, first using the 'notifications' bell then 'unread content'. I see pretty much everything that comes in, and I have to agree it's largely been all about the V11 and S18, and you are right, theres been a lot of talk about version revisions, suspension technicalities etc. However, I think that's par for the course when 2 new wheels have come out, and that's excluding the Veteran and the new Gotway offerings. I know it can seem like theres been little else going on, but I think that's just because it's been clouded by the new wheel stuff. I don't think I could definitely say that the content in general is any different to how it was a year ago if you exclude the new wheel stuff.

I think it will all settle down at some point and become the 'balanced' forum again that you appear to be missing at the moment. Its all good IMO, it's all wheels :)

• Like 3