GotWay 14" with Dimmed LED - STOPPED WORKING

I was SO Excited to get my Gotway 14 in the mail.  Had a great night of fun with it.  Just yesterday.

I charged the battery last night this morning I rode it to work.  About 3km or less.  No problem.  FUN.

All of the sudden, on my way home, the Self Balancing mechanism just stopped working and the Gotway let out underneath me.

Now, just low LED dimmed lights, even thought the battery seems to be fully charged.   When I shut it down for 5 minutes, it works for about 25 seconds, then the bluetooth and self balancing stop working and the LED's DIM.

When I start the Gotway, all 4 leds show the battery is CHARGED.  Also, when I check the bluetooth says the battery is at 100%

Does anyone know what is happening with my GOTWAY??

Thanks in advance!

If you just bought it, your talking to the wrong people, call seller now...

How fast were you going at the time? There is a problem with low battery cut out at high speed, which is bad in itself, but you said you have full battery, still call your seller....

nothing like that on mine.  I would guess the controller board is damaged.  =/  person to talk to is Jane.  perhaps Kevin Lee if you can't get in touch with her.

EDIT: specifically Jane would be the ideal person to get in touch with. anyone else would be going through an intermediary and therefore more likely to have communication problems along the way.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone experienced this issue with their Gotway 14 MCM v2??

​was your issue ever resolved? I just got my GW14 last night and something similar happened twice but i shrugged it off as it happened while i was practicing and crashed the wheel into the ground (not that hard, just had to hop off due to losing balance). After each crash, it beeped a couple times and when I picked it up, and set it on the floor, it wouldn't move. I had to turn it off and turn it back on each time. Thing is, I had crashed it the same way a few times before this and when I picked it up, it was back to moving right away. weird...

​was your issue ever resolved? I just got my GW14 last night and something similar happened twice but i shrugged it off as it happened while i was practicing and crashed the wheel into the ground (not that hard, just had to hop off due to losing balance). After each crash, it beeped a couple times and when I picked it up, and set it on the floor, it wouldn't move. I had to turn it off and turn it back on each time. Thing is, I had crashed it the same way a few times before this and when I picked it up, it was back to moving right away. weird...

​Did it shut down the motor/balancing before or after crashing? I think most wheels need to be restarted after it tilts too much or shuts the motor down otherwise... At least my 14" generic will start an endless beep (beeeeeeeeeeeee....) if it falls down or shuts the motor off when lifted off ground and let it roll free, and needs to be turned off and back on before the balancing starts working again, with the Firewheel the wheel will say "Please restart the unicycle" in similar situations, and won't start balancing until it has been turned off and back on.

​Did it shut down the motor/balancing before or after crashing?

​it was after crashing. i didn't realize that wheels tend to shut off if it tilts enough. based on what you said, gives me more comfort that it's not something to worry about!

Archived