Turn by turn voice navigation: first words missing

Hi!
I often use turn by turn voice navigation with my KS-16X, using Google Maps or Komoot, the later being often better for voice guidance.

In both cases, unless I'm listening to music at the same time, the first or first few words of the message are missing which makes navigation difficult.
It happens because the bluetooth speaker amplifier takes a few milliseconds to turn back on from a power saving state.

Is it just my wheel or all KS-16X?
Owners of other models of wheels, could you please share if the same happens as well?

Thanks for your help, I'm thinking about making a little Android app to solve this real quick.

5 hours ago, supercurio said:

Owners of other models of wheels, could you please share if the same happens as well?

Thanks for your help, I'm thinking about making a little Android app to solve this real quick.

Problem you've described is quite common for many BT speakers/headphones and also causes beginning if alarm/voice message to be cut in EUC World. This is why keeping BT speaker/phones constantly alive is a feature planned for next EUC World release.

• Like 1

Yes it's common, across all sort of bluetooth audio devices built from various Bluetooth ICs, with or without external amp.
I've started working on a proof of concept app today to get it done quickly, and then started to learn Jetpack Compose so maybe it won't be that quick after all :lol:

I don't know yet which wheels are affected by this delay or not, do you already have examples @Seba?

I also plan to implement an audio level adjustment following speed functionality optimised for EUC use, as it seems I need that as well now.
It would be nice to be able to get the wheel speed form EUC World instead of GPS speed via an API for that.