Inmotion v11 firmware upgrade fucks up bluetooth (now fixed with FW 1.2.1.)

Finn Bjerke

I upgraded app on android phone, now no bloody bluetooth on the V11.     

I just updated to fw 1.2.0 on my V11 and I don't have any issues connecting with EUC.WORLD.  But if you have a BT logo on the wheels battery indicator and you can't connect to the wheel then it is likely due to a BT crash/lockup.  I can resolve this by turning on the V11 and keeping powerbutton pushed until it turn off (keep pushing as you turn it on). Then release button and turn on wheel as normal. 

SOmeone suggested this, It works in the proces the wheel "kneels" and then dies. reboot twice and bob is your uncle. ... Inmotion get a grip.... 

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Mine has done the same,  i can't connect to euc world, plus it tilted forward and says overload until I connect to inmotion app 

Did you solve it somehow? I tried resetting several times by holding down the start button. So far, everything I've tried without success. EUC World still not connecting.

That sounds scary! Now I went shopping, I rode about 5 kilometers, mid-rain conditions, and so far no problem with the behavior of the wheel. I love long, several-hour cruising. If it catapults me every half hour, all the joy of V11 is gone. I'm still looking for a solution to my bluetooth problem. I've tried everything - wheel reset, phone restart, other phones, nothing has worked yet. The tool to revert to the previous configuration after the firmware upgrade is really missing. Especially if the new firmware may contain some bugs or malfunctions.

12 minutes ago, stephen said:

Mine tilts forward and the Bluetooth is broke

I also had a tilt after the update, but it was just a speed clamp. I turned it off in the settings and reset the top speed from 25 to 50 kmph.

17 minutes ago, stephen said:

@Sebado you think inmotion changed something in Bluetooth with the update that isn't compatible with euc world app somehow 

Screenshot-20201018-151327-In-Motion.jpg

I don't know. But I've just checked BLE version of my wheel and it shows BLE version 1.1.13.

22 minutes ago, Seba said:

Ok, I can confirm - after upgrading BLE module to 1.2.0 EUC World will no longer connect to V11. Initially, I upgraded my V11 to 1.2.0 and everything was working OK. But Inmotion app was showing me that I'm having 1.2.0 and there is update to 1.2.0. After @stephen mail I checked firmware versions of all three boards and found that my BLE board is still on 1.1.13. I suspected that somehow during last firmware update BLE board wasn't updated, so I decided to let Inmotion app to update my wheel again. This time BLE module was updated to 1.2.0, but EUC World stopped connecting to my V11. Now I'm investigating the cause of this problem, so please stay tuned.

Thanks very much seba I'm glad in a way its happened on yours to do you at least know our problems ,,,sorry but you know what I mean👍,,, can't wait for the update ,,,,, its this normal that Bluetooth reception gets altered 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seba said:

Ok, I found the cause of problem. Inmotion has modified the way V11 is recognized by the Bluetooth Low Energy client (Android device). This caused EUC World not to recognize this wheel anymore. Fortunately I was able to add necessary modifications to EUC World and it seems it's working again :) I will push EUC World update to Google Play ASAP.

Omg how fast was that,,,bravo my friend,,come on guys buy sebas  premium  its worth every penny,,instant support,,excellent 

Edited by stephen
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, AtlasP said:

OP should change the topic to something like: "InMotion firmware update inadvertently breaks third-party apps (already fixed by EUC World update)"

Op could change it to : updated v11 firmware makes your wheel unridable with overload error and tilt error ,

My Bluetooth on my inmotion app also didn't work ,,I had to delete everything and reinstall the previous app for it to work, it was going to be a range test today but with the app not working and the constant  overload message and tilt I couldn't ride my wheel 

Yeah I started this thread and the headline is still relevant. Do this if you have Inmotion v11 upgrade problems:

1. Dont bloody upgrade  wait until Inmotion gets it right. or 
2. Upgrade app and then wheel firmware then downgrade app by uninstalling it  and install old app.  This will fuck up EUC world BT but your firmware is upgraded. 
3. Wait until EUC world have a fix for this. Until then use Inmotions crappy app in downgraded version. Else your bloody wheel is fucked up by tilt of death. 

I totally agree with stephen in this - thx for comments now go and buy EUC world its worth every penny.  

Dear Inmotion Dont fuck us that way again please. Test tech properly before you put it on the marked.  Also fix the bloody saddle problem and the bearings PDQ. 

PS: Mr Atlas dya have a V11 ?  

This updated software and firmware works together just fine--they didn't "fsck up" bluetooth.

NO it does not work together just fine mr Atlas.  

Edited by Finn Bjerke

So i updated my firmware this afternoon before my ride to version 1.2.0 . Luckily i had no connectivity issues, EUC world still connects and so does the inmotion app.

The inmotion app keeps trying to prompt me to update but does not open a download file.  

After the firmware update, the first time i turned it on, the v11 said "overpower warning, please step off", tilted backwards, and then leveled off.

After it leveled off it never did it again. I have turned the machine on and off several times and then i did a 16 mile ride. No odd behavior at all.

I have a late batch 2 wheel, i think i read somewhere the batch 1 blue tooth modules where different than the ones on the batch 2 wheels? If so maybe that has something to do with the issue people are experiencing. 

So far so good for me, going to bring it the rest of the way down to go home mode tommorow to see how it reacts.

Edit: it appears my BT module did not update to a new firmware, so it seems like the BT update could be the culprit

Edited by GoGeorgeGo
  • Like 1

I have to agree with Mr. @Finn Bjerke. I will describe my experience - first the Inmotion app (originally downloaded from Play) offered me an update of the application to version 7.7.2 Okay, I did it. I ran it and a firmware update to version 1.2.0 was available. Done and I expected it ends and everything is ready. But that was not the end of it. In this state, the configuration of the official application and the wheel is very inconsistent and malfunctions may have occurred. When I ran the Inmotion application again, it offered an update again, this time to version 7.7.4 Hmmm, OK, I confirmed. Instead of updating from Google Play, the APK began to be downloaded somewhere from Chinese servers, but the download fell with connection timeout. Finally, I tried several times before the APK started downloading, but very slowly !!! The 32 MB file downloaded in about 20 minutes! Then I started version 7.7.4, it was quite a problem to connect to the wheel at all. Finally connected, I opened the settings - firmware update. And what is it ?? The wheel has firmware 1.2.0, but the application again offered an update to firmware 1.2.0 ?? So I reaffirmed a little confused. In my opinion, this is not an experience that would correspond to a premium wheel at a price of around 2200 EUR. Personally, I am a fan of the Inmotion brand and I regularly buy their wheels (V5F - mileage over 2500 km, V10F - mileage over 6200 km and currently V11F - mileage 764 km). But I think colleagues and I with this experience are currently a little right to be upset. The title of the thread may be a little more rude and could be a little more polite. However, this is no excuse for Inmotion, next time they should do a little better debugging and testing than releasing new firmware versions. Or at least offer a tool that at worst allows you to revert previous firmware. It is unacceptable for an irreversible one-sided configuration changes with the recommended update, which may put the wheel in a state of unpredictable, if not dangerous!

Finally, thanks to Mr. @Seba for quick response, problem reproduction, analysis and fix of EUC World. I can appreciate his work, I am a mobile developer myself (as a self-employed person I have been developing since 2002 from the J2ME era, through Symbian, Windows Mobile, Bada OS to today's iOS and Android). I have personally purchased an EUC World Premium membership and will continue to support his work in the future. Greetings to Poland. You are close to Gdansk, which we love and have visited three times. Good people, beautiful country. Stay safe of COVID.

• Like 3

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to Inmotion v11 firmware upgrade fucks up bluetooth (now fixed with FW 1.2.1.)