KS16X Single Beep Cutoff - Low speed (Lateral tilt limit exceeded)

Crooznfbroozn

Hi all,

Experienced my first (and hopefully last?) KS16X cutoff today.

What was funny was that I was just doing a single track MTB trail, "slalom" type turns one after another (taking 4ish seconds per turn, to give you an idea) at probably around 15-20ish km/h. (Battery around 50%)

Heard a single beep and went down like a sack of potatoes. 

The wheel took a slight tumble maybe 5 mins before that, where the tire spun out until I turned it off.

Kicking myself for not having logging on.

Rode up to 36km/h after the cutoff, put some pressure tests on acceleration and everything seems fine.

Anyone have any clue what may have happened? 

I was thinking, could it be that the wheel took too steep of an angle in the turn - making it think I had fallen? (The track was very bobsled-like)

Edited by Crooznfbroozn

if wheel approach 45deg roll wldu not be way passed pedal rub?

in ks app what is function of gyro angle setting? one is for pitch other for roll.  but when changed these appear to do nothing?  i though cld use to chg pedal angle...

Edited by amelanso

4 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

In the KS Softuner iOS app you can adjust the degree for cut-off all the way up to 70deg and all the way off on the KS16S and the KS16X.

when i chg this setting it reverts rt bk to default... 

18 minutes ago, amelanso said:

if wheel approach 45deg roll wldu not be way passed pedal rub?

in ks app what is function of gyro angle setting? one is for pitch other for roll.  but when changed these appear to do nothing?  i though cld use to chg pedal angle...

This is an exaggerated example but on these turns you can start hanging sideways quite a bit!

DSC00691.JPG

19 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

In the KS Softuner iOS app you can adjust the degree for cut-off all the way up to 70deg and all the way off on the KS16S and the KS16X.

Cool! I found "lateral tilt limit" in EUC world that was set to 40°. Set it to 75° and seems to stick after a restart of app and device.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crooznfbroozn said:

This is an exaggerated example but on these turns you can start hanging sideways quite a bit!

DSC00691.JPG

indeed! better not slow down in that swirly vortex or u pop out on Neptune (brrrr!)...i suppose better neptune than uranus!!!

Edited by amelanso

2 minutes ago, Crooznfbroozn said:

Or in my case, just get launched straight into a tree. Ouch 😬

always wondered abt the origin of tree hugger? now i know!

Edited by amelanso
  • Like 1