V11 headlight

GoGeorgeGo

Has anyone made any modifications to their headlight?

I feel like the quality of this light has been a little overblown compared to my own experience with it.  I find the light to be so bright it just bleaches out the road. Also the throw is so short i cant comfortably go more than 10-15 mph at night.  I becone effectively blind to anything outside of the tiny throw area.

When accelerating or going up hills it is brutal.  Sure its worlds better than other headlights on unicycles, but imo its really not that good in its stock configuration.

Has anyone made any adjustments? Adjusting the angle would be a huge help, even a minor 5 degree tilt would make the light dramatically more effective.  Maybe a different lens cover to direct the light. Maybe a different inner reflector.

If anyone has made adjustments or has an idea comment here!

I agree that it's a little low. I can't see 5 feet in front of me when I come up my driveway at night. Very steep, dirt driveway. 

I think we'll eventually see headlights with adjustable tilt, if not self adjusting to the degree of incline you're riding. That would be a good light sensor to employ imo. 

But so far so good with this wheel. It's been pretty much awesome across the board, and for now I'm not taking it apart unless I have to. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have the opposite problem, my headlight shoots so far and high, it blinds people facing me. I've had multiple occasion that people came up to me to tell me that my light is blinding them. 

I remembered seeing somewhere that the v11 headlight is supposed to be focused, it doesn't blind people as oppose to the msp headlight. :( My pedal angle is at 0 degree. 

Not sure why anyone is having an issue with this lamp - it's perfect! The people complaining about it being in their eyes probably complain about cars going by and blinding them too - it's really not your problem. Turn down the brightness in the app if you are so considerate :)

The only thing is it missing is A.I. to adjust itself when cornering or going up/down hills. Maybe we'll get it on the luxury EUC InMotion is rumored to be making next.

Edited by Tryptych
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tryptych said:

Not sure why anyone is having an issue with this lamp - it's perfect! The people complaining about it being in their eyes probably complain about cars going by and blinding them too - it's really not your problem. Turn down the brightness in the app if you are so considerate :)

The only thing is it missing is A.I. to adjust itself when cornering or going up/down hills. Maybe we'll get it on the luxury EUC InMotion is rumored to be making next.

I think by blinding their eyes they mean acsending a hill you cannot look up it because the reflection of the wheel on the ground blinds you from seeing farther ahead of you. 

I came up a hill last night and could not see where even the road went...the beam needs to be higher in some circumstances. 

I wouldn't mind if it was a manual adjustment where I reach down and just pivot it up and it remains there until I manually pivot it back down. Which would be cheap too. 

• Like 1