Euc on a golf course?

WIfe bought some golf clubs for me and I went and played for the first time in 20+ years. Had a lot of fun, chasing those stupid balls around all afternoon. I was a bit shocked that MOST of my shots went in a forward direction at all. Then it dawned on me... why don't i take my little mten next time? I get a cart of course, but its got stupid gps and a nightmare when it comes to chasing my wonderful shots everydamnwhere but near the green. I wouldnt even think the mten is an option, but this is a VERY shitty public course. I wouldnt dream of riding on the greens, but I wonder how long I would last if i simply grabbed a pair of clubs and headed off into the tall stuff? I guess only one way to find out! Anyone else get kicked off a golf course lately on an euc?

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Sounds like a great way of pissing people off ... or was that not your intention?

Can't you just walk round?

I CAN walk around, and the cart comes with green fee. Not intended to make people angy, just sounded like a fun idea. Since the first response seems to be it would anger people (I thought maybe), I guess I shall just stick with hoofing it.

27 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Walking is primitive. I would just switch to disc golf. The people are less stuffy and more accepting of fun. 

Ironically, I played disc golf for about 20 years. Hell, I even taught the 2018 world putting champ how to play, many, many years ago. I dont play disc golf anymore tho I do have some discs and a bag still around here.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

As a member of the hobby class of golfers, provided you don’t leave deep ruts in the grass I would be quite amused to see you bumping along. I am sure other golfers have decidedly different opinions and they won’t hesitate to share them with you and the course marshall so be ready for that. You can always ask at the pro shop (have it with you so they can see the wheel), if they say it’s fine then it’s fine. But have a buddy with a cart just in case. 

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

As a member of the hobby class of golfers, provided you don’t leave deep ruts in the grass I would be quite amused to see you bumping along. I am sure other golfers have decidedly different opinions and they won’t hesitate to share them with you and the course marshall so be ready for that. You can always ask at the pro shop (have it with you so they can see the wheel), if they say it’s fine then it’s fine. But have a buddy with a cart just in case. 

Its a public course I've been going to. Today was wet so it was path only with the cart. Cart and 18 holes is only $28!  Man I walked back and forth miles! I'll ask the guy at the desk, but I'd rather not be on his shit list, so what he says goes. Being a cheap and public course tho, its a possibility. The mten does look kind of cute. Man would it be nice to just glide over, slap it to the next row of tress and repeat. I played 27 holes today and feel fine, except i think I got some sun poisining. I guess going 9 hrs in the sun without a meal, will do that to a stick boy like me. Im set to play tomorrow too. I did manage to play 4 entire holes before losing a ball or just dropping one from laziness to keep looking. Hooray for $.50 balls! Too bad I have now found a favorite ball and of COURSE its not a cheaper brand. I know it shouldnt matter, but I just dont seem to lose a certain type as often. ANyhow, thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to be a nice guy so I dont ruin the cheapest course within an hour of me. Winter coming soon anyhow, gotta get it in now, before its cold and then months of nothingness.

25 minutes ago, mhpr262 said:

I wish there was a "beach EUC", with a really fat, wide balloon tire, like that of a wheelbarrow or the tires of those banned old three-wheeled ATVs.

There's videos of a custom EUC like this. 10+ inch wide tire. Shown in sand and on a golf course. It's somewhere on Youtube.

I've ridden on many golf courses including on the green sometimes..... but never to actual play golf. You can ask the golf club if you can ride your EUC and not rent a golf cart, but I don't see why they would deny you other than for liability reasons or cash grab for you to spend more money renting their cart.

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

At the risk of thread jacking, my favorite golf ball brand is OPB. (Other People’s Balls)

A certain amount of jacking can be tolerated (in fact it's expected) on this thread.

However, please refrain from playing with other people's balls. :efeff54d4a:

Thank you.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

I've ridden on many golf courses including on the green sometimes..... but never to actual play golf. You can ask the golf club if you can ride your EUC and not rent a golf cart, but I don't see why they would deny you other than for liability reasons or cash grab for you to spend more money renting their cart.

After playing a round and a half today, I rode up on my mten and asked the attendant about it. He said I'd have to ask the owner. As I stood there, it occurred to me that I will unlikely get permission for the simple liability concerns. Its no secret that riding an euc around is more likely to wind in injury than simply walking. I won't hold my breathe about it, but i will see if i can ride around the hood with my club bag on my back. I did get asked by a few older golfer what the damn euc was. I am pretty sure that noone would really be angry about it and most would just chuckle. But, this country is lawyer heavy and I'd about bet money I wont get permission. If they let me do this, then do they let 20 other people? Do people get to ride their bicycles too? I can see it becomign a can of worms...  On a side note.. its been so beautiful lately, I've been playing golf everyday. Im so damn bad at it and don't care. I had more fun today playing alone than i had when bothering with another player. I am a little worried, as my eyesight is so bad that I cant see a ball during air flight and sometimes have to rely on hearing it. Needless to say, Ive lost a few. Somehow the matte orange are the ONLY ones I can see. I made it 14 holes on the same ball today. I lost it finally in a hedge. I went into the hedge to find it and came out with 18 golf balls and NONE mine. Sucks as I only had white and commenced to losing about 10 more before I finished another half round. Not to fear, I have 6 dozen of my fav orange incoming!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

After playing a round and a half today, I rode up on my mten and asked the attendant about it. He said I'd have to ask the owner. As I stood there, it occurred to me that I will unlikely get permission for the simple liability concerns. Its no secret that riding an euc around is more likely to wind in injury than simply walking. I won't hold my breathe about it, but i will see if i can ride around the hood with my club bag on my back. I did get asked by a few older golfer what the damn euc was. I am pretty sure that noone would really be angry about it and most would just chuckle. But, this country is lawyer heavy and I'd about bet money I wont get permission. If they let me do this, then do they let 20 other people? Do people get to ride their bicycles too? I can see it becomign a can of worms...  On a side note.. its been so beautiful lately, I've been playing golf everyday. Im so damn bad at it and don't care. I had more fun today playing alone than i had when bothering with another player. I am a little worried, as my eyesight is so bad that I cant see a ball during air flight and sometimes have to rely on hearing it. Needless to say, Ive lost a few. Somehow the matte orange are the ONLY ones I can see. I made it 14 holes on the same ball today. I lost it finally in a hedge. I went into the hedge to find it and came out with 18 golf balls and NONE mine. Sucks as I only had white and commenced to losing about 10 more before I finished another half round. Not to fear, I have 6 dozen of my fav orange incoming!

You don't compare riding an EUC to walking...... you compare riding an EUC to driving a golf cart. It should be very reasonable, and I would even argue even better, if EUCs were allowed on only the paved golf cart path and not the green. That would mean more people riding an EUC (or bike, scooter, other PEV, etc.) and less large golf carts driving around which is a more efficient use of space on the golf cart path than a bunch of golf carts everywhere. This is even truer if you are golfing by yourself. This is the exact same argument for solving bad congestion problems in cities by prioritizing bikes, scooters, EUCs, etc. over cars. 

On 10/14/2020 at 6:55 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

There's videos of a custom EUC like this. 10+ inch wide tire. Shown in sand and on a golf course. It's somewhere on Youtube.

I have found the Bublik-18 video of that Siberian dude. Such a wheel would be really cool. So far no manufacturer has somethign liek that in their line-up.

3 hours ago, RockyTop said:

Are you making fun of my economy golf cart? It is just smaller and very simplified compared to the others.

I tell people it's the poor man's Tesla... (The one wheel was all I could afford). :crying:

• Like 1

I played 18 holes at a public course riding an electric scooter (before I discovered euc). The course manager told me to not do that again unless I sign a liability wavier. The scooter was great. I was able to zip up right to my ball while carrying the golf bag on my back. I suspect euc would not work well on hilly courses. The biggest problem would be wet grass. I've ridden mten3 and nik+ around the grass driving range and it wobble terribly on wet, mushy, or muddy ground. 

If you attach a golf pull cart to a euc it might make it stable enough ride around on. There would be three contact point with the ground. You don't have to turn it on and off when you dismount to hit the ball. Might be an interested project... 

Was able ride up to 26mph (42kmh) carrying full set of golf clubs. 

IMG_3249.thumb.jpg.345a24d713093f30791bff73732eb868.jpg

Edited by greentung

17 hours ago, Michael Vu said:

You don't compare riding an EUC to walking...... you compare riding an EUC to driving a golf cart. It should be very reasonable, and I would even argue even better, if EUCs were allowed on only the paved golf cart path and not the green. That would mean more people riding an EUC (or bike, scooter, other PEV, etc.) and less large golf carts driving around which is a more efficient use of space on the golf cart path than a bunch of golf carts everywhere. This is even truer if you are golfing by yourself. This is the exact same argument for solving bad congestion problems in cities by prioritizing bikes, scooters, EUCs, etc. over cars. 

carts are supplied with the green fee. You arent allowed to bring your own. These new carts have stupid gps and tv's on them. It makes it incredibly hard to get around, as you never know where the cart will stop and make you back up. They will allow you to walk tho. I prefer playing alone. So far, no luck with the euc on the course, but I have managed to carry my bag and ride around without issue. Of cours,e wet course and an mten would be a pretty dicey thing to try. I do have a badass 2 wheel drive scooter. Altho I don't think it would be near as fun on the course as an euc.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

It's weird how different countries view exercise - I'm assuming golf is supposed to be exercise - or is that the wrong thing to ask on a golf thread? ;) I think over here in the UK you're usually only allowed to use a cart if you have some medical disability and even then most people would still walk round. Is there some stigma in the States against walking or are the golf courses much larger than they are over here? It somehow reminds me of that film WALL-E:

obviously riding around on an EUC instead of walking doesn't make me a shining example but ...

• Like 2

400yard holes arent uncommon. But as most things in america, it isnt for health. Most of the older men I see, do it so they can prove they have money. Expensive clothes, stupid expensive clubs and everyone has to one up each other. The guy I played with ONCE, kept going on an on about his regular partner and how he cheats. Of course he then proceeded to cheat the entire round and play from the 'bitch' tee spots, use tees on the fairway, toss balls from the rough onto the fairways, and liked to call it in the cup, when it was still 5' away. Just to piss em off, I wear my 'blow job' t-shirt and today was my "im irish do i get a free beer?" shirt. Im not sure if im irish or not, but it has the word 'free' on it, with holes in it. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Running out of ways to be passively offensive on the golf course. Perhaps these will help...

Before you start crying sexism, know that I would smack the shit outta a naked guy too.

nakedTees.thumb.jpg.0f21af2eb68b32d02611bee5a5a6da23.jpg

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

better to beg forgiveness than ask permission!  but would it not be more fun to get ur local euc group together for a game of euc polo? grab some croquet mallets and a beachball and ur good to go!  nothing like 15 motorized people with mallets all converging on the same point for some splendid mayhem!  the watercress sandwiches, the mint julips, the smell of burnt mosfets: ahh the pomp and ceremony of it all...

Edited by amelanso

17 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Running out of ways to be passively offensive on the golf course. Perhaps these will help...

Before you start crying sexism, know that I would smack the shit outta a naked guy too.

nakedTees.thumb.jpg.0f21af2eb68b32d02611bee5a5a6da23.jpg

I'm looking at these tees and I'm thinking they are guys.