Flatland 3d gloves back in stock!

i have them and i dont feel super safe with half fingers, to the point i added under gloves to cover what they dont. they also seem very cheaply made... They are lighter than other gloves with wrist guards which is not bad...

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

I can't tell from the description, do these have an actual wrist impact plate thingy also?  Or are they just basically cheap bicycle gloves with a nifty slider thing?

Yes, they do, but IMHO, it's not very useful, as it's above the hand to restrict extreme angling of the wrist going backwards, and not under the palm for impact, ala traditional wrist guards, so I usually don't use mine with them.

On 10/12/2020 at 6:54 PM, WILSON-YT said:

good to know, maybe overhyped? Always seems to be a highly praised product though.

They're a bit overpriced for the quality, but a.) they've always done the job for me saving my wrists (guys who can't take any impact to the wrist whatsoever should look elsewhere), and b.) they're super easy to throw on, more than anything else out there IMHO.

Main quality issue with flatlands is the stitching, which is easily address-able if you're handy with a sewing machine (just stitched one of my pair's fingers up, good as new :D)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Yes, they do, but IMHO, it's not very useful, as it's above the hand to restrict extreme angling of the wrist going backwards, and not under the palm for impact, ala traditional wrist guards, so I usually don't use mine with them.

They're a bit overpriced for the quality, but a.) they've always done the job for me saving my wrists (guys who can't take any impact to the wrist whatsoever should look elsewhere), and b.) they're super easy to throw on, more than anything else out there IMHO.

Main quality issue with flatlands is the stitching, which is easily address-able if you're handy with a sewing machine (just stitched one of my pair's fingers up, good as new :D)

Ah bummer about the lack of wrist guard.  I like the look of them and the idea of the slider is nothing new to me (as a motorcycle rider), but I need the wrist protection too or I'd just use an old pair of motorcycle gloves.  I have a few pairs of Held gloves with rivets as sliders and super supple kangaroo leather palms.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Stillhart said:

Ah bummer about the lack of wrist guard.  I like the look of them and the idea of the slider is nothing new to me (as a motorcycle rider), but I need the wrist protection too or I'd just use an old pair of motorcycle gloves.  I have a few pairs of Held gloves with rivets as sliders and super supple kangaroo leather palms.

Nice~

My main issue with the Moto gloves are not having access to my thumb and index fingers, and the bulkiness of them. For winter, I sometimes use simple oversized Rollerblade wrist guards over regular gloves.

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

Nice~

My main issue with the Moto gloves are not having access to my thumb and index fingers, and the bulkiness of them. For winter, I sometimes use simple oversized Rollerblade wrist guards over regular gloves.

Right, so far I think moto gloves are not great for EUC for various reasons and my Flexmeters aren't perfect either.  I really need to find a good middle ground.  Maybe there's a market opportunity here...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Daley1 said:

try gyroriderz gloves.Specially made for EUC!

I read somewhere that they were just rebranded [forget the brand] but with touch sensitive finger tips (and markup) added.  Hillbilly maybe?  I'll have to look it up...

I think I might try for a wrist guard + gloves combo.

The Gyroriderz and Hillbilly's seem impossible to get in my size (M), but I love that they fill a niche. But if the durability of the glove fails or a hole develops, I guess you would have to replace the whole thing rather than just the gloves.

58 minutes ago, rogueone said:

I think I might try for a wrist guard + gloves combo.

The Gyroriderz and Hillbilly's seem impossible to get in my size (M), but I love that they fill a niche. But if the durability of the glove fails or a hole develops, I guess you would have to replace the whole thing rather than just the gloves.

I got a pair from these guys in Australia and with the exchange rate and coupon they have for first time international orders it was a bit cheaper than the factory site even with shipping https://www.phaserfpv.com.au/products/gyroriderz-gloves-v2?variant=31864936202317