My time as moderator

Unventor

Althought I've only been on this forum for a short time, it has been a pleasure reading your contributions here. Thank you for your "service" and future posts as a "normal" commenter on like wise topics. :thumbup:

Edited by onizukagto
  • Like 3

Sorry to see you go. I know when I ride I try to be a good ambassador for riding. I obey the rules of the road and I’m very aware of the people and things around me. If people are curious I’m happy to talk and answer their questions.There are those who think common sense and courtesy do not apply to them and if things become more and more restricted it will be because of that type of behavior.

• Like 3

I also thought you were a great moderator. Surely though it's better to try and convince the rest of the moderating group to come round to your way of thinking. If EUCs are seen by the public as a fun form of transport that is both economic and green then the community will get much larger. Alternatively, if we encourage stupid behaviour like riding fast through crowded parks or riding fast down the road at 40mph with no insurance, then EUCs will just get banned everywhere.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gon2fast said:

2020 sucks... still going to hit you up for advice my friend! Hopefully you get to spend some additional time on your V11!

No worries you know I like to help if I can. 

17 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

I also thought you were a great moderator. Surely though it's better to try and convince the rest of the moderating group to come round to your way of thinking. If EUCs are seen by the public as a fun form of transport that is both economic and green then the community will get much larger. Alternatively, if we encourage stupid behaviour like riding fast through crowded parks or riding fast down the road at 40mph with no insurance, then EUCs will just get banned everywhere.

Thank you. I did try over time but ot became too tiresome for me to keep pushing this. In the end I have to accept others didn't view this in the same way. I just hope police don't turn their eyes towards EUC riders. All my wheel are technically not allowed to ride in streets at all can ride faster by design than 20kmh. But at wheels get faster and rider think only on their own fun and disregard community impact I don't think this last much longer. 

On 10/11/2020 at 8:23 PM, Wig said:

Sorry to see you go. I know when I ride I try to be a good ambassador for riding. I obey the rules of the road and I’m very aware of the people and things around me. If people are curious I’m happy to talk and answer their questions.There are those who think common sense and courtesy do not apply to them and if things become more and more restricted it will be because of that type of behavior.

I am glad to see there are people like minded to me. I do ride faster than allowed once I am in outskirts of city. This is where I ride mostly. But as I said earlier time and place. And respect others in traffic. I use hands a lot to show what I am doing. Every time a car wait for me despite I have right if passage I give a 👍. It seems to have a positive effect on car drivers and pedestrians alike. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Unventor said:

I am glad to see there are people like minded to me. I do ride faster than allowed once I am in outskirts of city. This is where I ride mostly. But as I said earlier time and place. And respect others in traffic. I use hands a lot to show what I am doing. Every time a car wait for me despite I have right if passage I give a 👍. It seems to have a positive effect on car drivers and pedestrians alike. 

I think basic traffic laws apply for euc as they would a bicycle. When in rome, do as romans do. Its really not too hard to stop at stop signs, stop at traffic lights and use hand signals. I don't know where the laws fall on euc's in traffic in my area, but I just follow bicycle rules I learned 35 years ago. Im still hesitant about riding a wheel on 2 lane highways. I know crazy bicyclists do and I shudder when I see them. I'd imagine a guy on an euc may appear as a walker and a car would NOT move over, as they assume you are on the shoulder. Taking control of an entire lane seems only fair if you arent slowing the traffic flow. 45mph highway doesnt leave much headroom. How slow is basic city speeds in sweden? Most mine around here are 35mph!

On 10/11/2020 at 12:47 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Thank you for your efforts. The moderator staff has always impressed me and I'm sure it's a thankless (sometimes agoniziing) and payless job. Hopefully we'll see you around a lot still, and NOW you can let it fly and vocalize any opinion you wish. Again, many thanks, and here's to another page being turned...:cheers:

Thank you. 

Being a moderator was very rewarding at first to me. But we have had times where things had become very complex. That is however a life expireance I take with me. 

It has also made me meet other people and cultures in a more distance view not just from my perspective. Which I think is healthy. 

Also now I don't have to restrain my opinion as I now clearly post as member not on behalf of all moderators. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 1:04 PM, Rehab1 said:

Sorry to hear this buddy. You always performed your job professionally.

It’s hard stepping down from such a revered  position. It was for me.

Sometimes outside influences just end up taking their toll. Hopefully we’ll still see you in the moderator’s corner. Be well!  Dan

I don't think this is going to be hard for me. It basically will free me from the shackles to voice out my opinions. 

But I understand what you mean. I am not leaving community though. Just not as active anymore. And I don't have to visit here every other days as I have  do over the last year (often several times a day for weeks). 

On 10/11/2020 at 1:52 PM, onizukagto said:

Althought I've only been on this forum for a short time, it has been a pleasure reading your contributions here. Thank you for your "service" and future posts as a "normal" commenter on like wise topics. :thumbup:

Thank you very much. Our paths have crossed a lot the past few months due to the V11. It has been a pleasure.