Jump to content

S2 not reaching max speed


tomtastic
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have a new Ninebot S2, it says max speed is 26km/h when setting sports mode in the app, but whenever I reach 20km/h it goes into tiltback, not able to reach even 22km/h, is this normal?

With full battery and on a flat road. I weight 73 kilos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The wheel has 75km ODO right now, it's past the initial user phase so there should not be a speed lock. I tried Darknessbot and EUC World apps but they don't allow for any setting change in the S2, seem limited to just statistics and I didn't see anything hinting to a speed limit...

Must be really something wrong with this unit I guess. I'm going to return it.

About the 30kph hack, I read it can be dangerous, prone to unexpected cutoffs when going at top speed? Did you have any problem with it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, tomtastic said:

The wheel has 75km ODO right now, it's past the initial user phase so there should not be a speed lock. I tried Darknessbot and EUC World apps but they don't allow for any setting change in the S2, seem limited to just statistics and I didn't see anything hinting to a speed limit...

Must be really something wrong with this unit I guess. I'm going to return it.

What does the ninebot app say?

Afair there were S2 (?S1?) sold with just half the battery size (one pack instead of two) with limited top speed?

So maybe one pack is bad or "not connected"?

Also the battery could be not charging to full voltage (charger or battery bad), so top speed gets limited.

30 minutes ago, tomtastic said:

About the 30kph hack, I read it can be dangerous, prone to unexpected cutoffs when going at top speed? Did you have any problem with it?

The faster one drives with a wheel, the higer the chances are to overlean.

As for every EUC with increasing speed

- maximum available motor torque decreases

- needed motor torque for burdens (air drag, acceleration, incline, ...) increases.

Once needed torque reaches maximum available torque, one overleans.

Such overleans come for many riders very unexpected and feel like a cutout.

But by knowing and respecting these points it can be possible to ride quite safe with the hack.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The S2 with two batteries will do 24km/h, and Ninebot app will display two batteries. With one battery (it could have only one or the second is dead) the speed will be limited to 18km/h and the app display only one.

This 26km/h sound strange to start with, my S2 was up to date and I’ve never heard of such a number except hacks.

Edited by null
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tomtastic said:

About the 30kph hack, I read it can be dangerous, prone to unexpected cutoffs when going at top speed? Did you have any problem with it?

I have not found it to be dangerous in that when the wheel beeps I don't push further. In practice the 30kph unlock causes beep at 28kph and I never push beyond that so I have never had an issue. But ignore that beep and you will likely overlean and fall. Good advice to check that both batts show as charged in app. On one batt wld be very limited useability for sure...

NB - and S1/S2 is a very slick design and it's a light weight 14" wheel - but by today's standard it is severely underpowered (both in motor power and batt capacity). The proposed range of the 2pack S2 is 26km while in practice it is about 12km if you are riding @ 25kph (really I'm not joking).  Also the shells are convex which is not great as this can lead to discomfort when you are trying to leverage one side of lower leg against shell (tricks, carving, change foot position, jumps,etc.). Lastly the pedals are quite low which limits the turn radius severely. I use the S1 for little errands etc but as a main wheel it is sorely lacking. IMO a v8 is a much more capable intro wheel that can be found used for low $$.

Edited by amelanso
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

What does the ninebot app say?

Afair there were S2 (?S1?) sold with just half the battery size (one pack instead of two) with limited top speed?

So maybe one pack is bad or "not connected"?

Also the battery could be not charging to full voltage (charger or battery bad), so top speed gets limited.

It seems both batteries are fine and charging to full voltage.

In the ninebot app I have seen max speed reached 23.11km/h, but I have been measuring with somebody going next to me in a electric kickscooter with speed meter and the actual cruising speed was exactly 20km/h, when trying to reach 21 it beeps and before 22 it was tilting back hard.

 

49 minutes ago, null said:

The S2 with two batteries will do 24km/h, and Ninebot app will display two batteries. With one battery (it could have only one or the second is dead) the speed will be limited to 18km/h and the app display only one.

This 26km/h sound strange to start with, my S2 was up to date and I’ve never heard of such a number except hacks.

26km/h is what gets displayed in the ninebot app when setting sports mode

ZYWyhBm.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Matteooooo said:

I have the same issue

Welcome!

Which? Difference between reported and real speed?

This quite comon, as stated before

On 10/9/2020 at 3:27 PM, null said:

A speed difference between the gps and wheel odometer in the disfavor of the wheel if fairly common amongst all brands

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi 

my nine it s2 suddenly dropped the speed down to 10km/h. It was doing well upto 24km/h without problem earlier day. And I downloaded the new app and it says max speed at sports mode is 20km/h. I watched learning videos again and rode 1 km again but I can not go faster. I could unlock the slower sports mode (20k) but machine does not go beyond 10. Anyone knows the issue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...