Mten3 motor replacement.

SorenStarr

In the process of replacing my mten3 motor after absolutely destroying the axle. No more hardcore offroading on this wheel for me I guess. :crying:I think that the control board looks okay visually, no weird smells or anything. I would love if anyone has any tips or tricks for making this process easier. Thanks all. 

Pictures of mten3 motor/control board

Hah, me too, installed my replacement motor today... poor little wheel lasted a year of horrible torture from my friends and I before the axle finally gave up.

As long as the wheel wasn't active for more than a few moments after the axle snapped, your board should be fine. Typically you fall immediately after it snaps, putting the wheel on its side and therefore deactivating the motor safely. The problem can come if you attempt to upright the wheel and make it activate again after the motor cables are cut and shorted...

MTen3 tire change is a very daunting task, however. Better to spend for a new tire when ordering a motor, and receiving it pre-installed. I think eWheels can do it...

ACtC-3duUqVTUS4GOf-LICpUUXjjN7Uzd2K68e7x

Good call on the pre-installed tire. Ill ask ewheels if its to late to do that for the motor I ordered. 

Edit: Jason got back to me super quickly saying the motor comes with tire pre-installed. :D

• Like 1