Well this is different

Violinfun

On 10/8/2020 at 12:32 PM, GoGeorgeGo said:

Wish it wasn't hand controlled that would be kinda cool. Hate controller vehicles though personally

That hand control is just for the brakes. This is not a powered EUC. This is a "manual" EUC where you have to scoot with your foot as if you are on a skateboard.

On 10/14/2020 at 2:21 PM, Michael Vu said:

That hand control is just for the brakes. This is not a powered EUC. This is a "manual" EUC where you have to scoot with your foot as if you are on a skateboard.

FWIW, they have newer electric versions of these. https://www.gauswheel.com/  I like the mechanical brake foot pedal they show in some of their videos.  I am wondering how well that would work on a regular EUC.  I would think you would want to adjust so it couldn't fully lock the wheel   The more I look at this the more interesting a mashup it is of a giant inline skate, power pad, foot actuated bicycle mechanical brake, and a remote bluetooth speed controller like an esk8.

Not sure this a real product, the whole site seems more like a mock up though as none of the products are in stock.

image.png.e68b4c06328de2195bd4ee4bd31d2c15.png

Not an expert in any technical sense, but these gauswheels are in no way comparable to EUCs in terms of battery life and speed.  On a cursory glance, they looks a little cumbersome if a rider has to hold a control cord, then also has to use a break to stop. They are not designed to trolley around easily and have too many parts to replace. I definitely stick with EUCs even if these gauswheels are in the market. 

ah marketing trickery. How odd that they all live at the top of a hill. I was only 1 second in on the video (internet buffering) and a wobble already had me dismiss this idea. Seems to me like this is a step backwards in pev. I'd trust a skateboard more...

Edited by ShanesPlanet