So what is the deal with the Inmotion app?

Roadpower

1) Do I need it to make fine adjustments to a V10F? This question comes up because I've noticed that the braking is less aggressive than the acceleration.

2) Play Store user ratings are pretty terrible for the app... (Android)

3) I've tried EUC World but I suspect there is missing functionality for a Inmotion wheel.

8 hours ago, Roadpower said:

1) Do I need it to make fine adjustments to a V10F? This question comes up because I've noticed that the braking is less aggressive than the acceleration.

2) Play Store user ratings are pretty terrible for the app... (Android)

3) I've tried EUC World but I suspect there is missing functionality for a Inmotion wheel.

1, Yes pedal sensitivity to 100 confort mode 

2, Is chinese spy app like many others from china. (not work offline you need be conected to chinese server all time send   all  gps data to comunist party police if they tell inmotion give me data from @Roadpower) they must give all this is how chinese "law" work. (same other supercell LOL tik toc all games  gotway kingsong everything software from china is afected this "cooperation LAW")

3, EUC world cant calibrate/update firmware  you need "potencionaly" give all data to CCP party or not calibrate you V10F(safety issue) 

Thats all.

Positive change is actual inmotion app not detect/block VPN this old version do.( this is good change)

Best be inmotion make EU or USA version separated from chinese comunist spy this never hapend.

As i say take it or leave it i own V10F and have app in phone freezed unfreze ony if i/v10f need calibration.

Enjoy EUC and good luck and gear yourself !

• Like 1

I find the InMotion application to be very good as far as the information it provides to the rider. It can be problematic if their server stalls out, but it is not going to brick your wheel. The other negative aspect of the application is how rapidly it drains your cell phone battery. I toggle between the IM app and Darknessbot (not for my V11 obviously) with no preference.

• Like 1

The deal is : it's a Chinese piece of crap that is spying on you. Seriously. Literally. Avoid it as much as you can. Uninstall it when you don't need it.

People on these forums will say "ahh it's not that bad it gives you good info" because all the other EUC companies have shitty apps too and they think it's normal for an app to want all the permissions the Inmotion Spyware demands.

EUC World is all you need after the initial wheel setup.

Edited by Tryptych
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tryptych said:

The deal is : it's a Chinese piece of crap that is spying on you. Seriously. Literally. Avoid it as much as you can. Uninstall it when you don't need it.

People on these forums will say "ahh it's not that bad it gives you good info" because all the other EUC companies have shitty apps too and they think it's normal for an app to want all the permissions the Inmotion Spyware demands.

And yet people still buy smart tv's, smart cable boxes, alexa, spying doorbells, cell phones, onstar in cars....you name it. Noone cares for privacy if it means they can gain some form of convenience.  I wish some other country made a decent euc. Germany, Europe, Usa, Australia, anybody!

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 10/8/2020 at 1:06 PM, DjPanJan said:

2, Is chinese spy app like many others from china. (not work offline you need be conected to chinese server all time send   all  gps data to comunist party police if they tell inmotion give me data from @Roadpower) they must give all this is how chinese "law" work. (same other supercell LOL tik toc all games  gotway kingsong everything software from china is afected this "cooperation LAW")

So how much does this differ from the NSA spying or most countries having laws where the government can compel companies to give out user data? This is why actual security people think they're buying with VPNs are kind of a hoax as most of those providers if not all keep logs and will hand them over if compelled to. Same with many internet providers. People and people don't get caught in the USA with "illegal pictures" because they were faulting it. So I don't know how much I buy the attempt to paint it as a communist thing kind of, if that was your intent. Not that China has anything to do with communism. But sure I'll admit that their products and companies have less regulation and their apps or whatever come with more rampant logging and tracking.

To some degree, not as big of a difference as one might think imo.

1 minute ago, Heymelon said:

People and people

Typo

• Like 1