Leds problems after riding

Hi, 

I've noticed recently that leds on my msx 84v, after riding for a short while, start acting up. They freeze and I can't change their mode and if I turn the wheel off and on they stay off. If I turn the wheel off and wait a while they return to normal.

I also noticed once that when my leds froze and I turned wheel off and on that one of tail light red leds stayed off, but to my surprise, despite rgb leds staying off, one of front rgb leds was on and red. (might be just coincidence) after wheel cooled off leds returned to normal, tail light too. 

I checked board looking for liquid damage, blown capacitors or any other visible issues, but couldn't find anything. Board looks like brand new, nice and clean. I'm not sure where led controller resides in board but it kinda sounds like some cracked/cold solder problem.

Anyone encountered such issue in msx? Should I be worried? I don't really care about rgb's, but tail light is quite important imo. Also I wouldn't like for control board to die on me when I'm going 20mph.

• 1 month later...

@MordraugI experienced a similar issue with my new RS.  Acted very similar to your description.  It ended up being the taillight. 

If the MSX wiring is like the RS then the tail light is wired to the control board and there are 2 wires coming out of the tail light assembly to the LED's.  After replacing the tail light assembly, all issues were fixed.  Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have the begode extreme bull x max. I bought it about a week ago and rode it three time before the LED screen stopped working and the Headlight also the back lights that change color. I have no idea what it could be. It's fall so I'm not sure it can't take a little cold weather so any idea of what it could be?

Well, at its heart it’s a Begode and the standard first step for lights acting up is to lift spin it to cutoff in one direction then lift spin it to cutoff in the other direction. Power cycle and tadah!!

Edited by Tawpie