Inmotion v11 initial impression

Jj Luo

Only got around 20km on it, this is my initial impression.

v11 front

v11 tail light

What I like:
1. The magic carpet feeling, so so so smooth! My mind could not comprehend what was going on, I felt like floating! Coming from a s18, I find the suspension on the v11 is superior, it absorbs all small bumps,  provide a feeling of floating. In the case of bottoming out, the suspension on the s18 is slight better because v11 tend to “pogo” you up instead of absorbing the shock. With some pads to keep me on the footplate, I would pick v11 suspension over the s18 suspension.

2. Stable! Both my girlfriend and I are conservative riders. I usually ride around 30-35km/h, 20-25km/h for her. On the v11, we were both riding 5-8km/h faster than usual without realizing it. The wheel makes you feel so safe.

3. High pedal is a plus! Took me 0 secs to adjust. High pedals allows you to turn on a dime without scraping the pedals.

4. The headlight is so freaking bright. When I first turn it on in my room, I didn’t feel it is as impressive as people said. When taking it outside, holy cow it is bright! The fan noise is not noticeable wearing a fall face helmet.

Lights off

lights on

“Weakness”: 
1. Battery is a little concerning for me, I rode 17km, it went from 70%-37%. My gear on weight is 90kg. Temperature is 14 C ( 57.2 F)

Inmotion app data

app data 2
2. The saddle part has a very slight room to rock back and forth, not really noticeable for the majority of time.

3. Headline still blinds people. I ask my girlfriend to ride towards me, she was riding around 20-25km/h, I was blind by the headlight the entire time. ( watch video below)

headlight video
4. The edge of the tire is not smooth. (See pic below) When carve or turn sharply, the edgy part will be in contact with the road. I could feel that there is a slight change of traction when that happens, also you can hear a sound that resembles riding with an off road tire.

Tire edge

5. I’m 6’2, trolley is a bit low for me.

Somehow, I manage to fill the top chamber without removing the saddle. It takes some patience to find the right angle, also a lot of pinching strength. I think it'll get easier with practice.

top chamber

Overall, it is the best wheel that I’ve ridden, so freaking happy with the purchase. Hopefully there’s no trouble with the motor on my unit. My Clark pads are coming in a few days,  that’ll make the v11 even better.

1 hour ago, Jj Luo said:

v11 tend to “pogo” you up instead of absorbing the shock.

You might want to try different pressures on the shocks. If it pogos you up, decrease the main chamber pressure or increase the negative chamber pressure.

Have you measured your riding height or sag? I found 3-3.5cm to be optimal.

Edited by mrelwood