Enough with the SPEAKERS!!!

redsnapper

I'm a huge fan of music but not when your tastes are forced on other people nearby. It becomes selfish and ignorant to assume that everyone around you are enjoying the same music you are. When you are on a relative empty path or road then it is fine. When you are around a lot of people it becomes a point of contention.

I DO appreciate the audible warnings and have found those to be useful, but if you are blasting your music in public, it's just rude.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

3) Without speakers blaring...people will NOT hear you drive up on them. It gets to be a real pain sneaking up on people, seeing them panic, and have to say , "Excuse me" just to pass by them.

You are missing out on one of the most valuable features of EUC. Roll up silently on your prey then issue a volcanic WHAAAAAAAAAAZUP!!! (stay out of striking distance though)... Mail carriers really luv this!!

****CAVEAT****

you may want to reconsider this in states that allow for conceal and carry

****END_CAVEAT****

Also ''Excuse me'' is reserved for use by your ultra-polite neighbours to the north - please cease and desist using our catchphrase!

Edited by amelanso

Given there appears to be some division on the use of speakers or not, I say we compromise by limiting the use of speakers to only certain artists.  The selection of artists should be limited to 7 as we all know that 7 is the luckiest of numbers. I therefore propose the following list of approved artists - The Sex Pistols, Michael Jackson, Miles Davis (quintet with Tony on dr), John Coltrane (qrtet with Elvin), Steely Dan, Pink Floyd (with Roger Waters), Frank Sinatra. On the very remote chance that someone should object to this list, they may propose an alternate list before we make the official submission to the IFEPC (the intergalactic federation of euc playlist curation). What say you?

Edited by amelanso