Kingsong 16x or 18 XL - Pls help me to decide !

Hello everyone !
I would like to ask for help in deciding which one to buy as an upgrade from my v10 (I love it), I will not buy models with suspensions for now, here in my country it is extremely expensive and out of the question, and now there are great opportunities to buy one of these two 16x and 18xl models with nice price.
I weigh about 185 lbs (85 kg) and use it as the main form of transport and going to work, I can say that the streets are not the best, there are very smooth places and others with small holes.
Considering the latest FW and possible known issues, which one would you recommend buying?

Thank you!

• Like 1

18xl allows you to cruise a little bit faster than 16x and is more stable at 40+kph. On the other hand 16x has better acceleration. Both wheels wont allow You to reach 50kph - 16x is really only 45kph wheel and 18xl is overinflating shown speed so You wont reach 50. My bet is rather go with Gotway MSP or RS. 

Edited by johnyz89
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnyz89 said:

You wont reach 50. My bet is rather go with Gotway MSP or RS. 

He doesn't even mention speed and you recommend Gotway. (I love it!) :thumbup:

Apparently, 18XL too slow and he would know. (I don't use for commuting, but handles road well.)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RayRay said:

He doesn't even mention speed and you recommend Gotway. (I love it!) :thumbup:

Apparently, 18XL too slow and he would know. (I don't use for commuting, but handles road well.)

You can be happy even with s2, but I think 18xl and 16x are the same price or more expensive than MSP so why one should waste money one something weaker ?

Btw MSP is like 16x witch 18 inch wheel, event better. Why chosing between 18xl and 16x when You can have both worlds ?

Edited by johnyz89
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruno Grimmjow said:

I weigh about 185 lbs (85 kg) and use it as the main form of transport and going to work, I can say that the streets are not the best, there are very smooth places and others with small holes.

I weigh 265lbs and the big reason I sold my 18XL is that the thinner 2.5" tire on it is not very forgiving over bumps--especially at the tire pressure I had to run it at for my weight. Just when you're having fun and going fast, the bumps make you slow down. So I'd go with something with a 3" tire. The Nikola+ is surprisingly comfortable for a 16" wheel. I haven't ridden the 16X, but it has a 3" tire. And certainly the Gotway 18" wheels are an option, as well as the InMotion V11.

• Like 1

Hey Friends !

To be more informative, i'll try to convert  the models to USD.

How you can see below every model here is expensive,  but MSP i cannot get now unfortunately.

MSP - USD 3600~3660(a lot money here)

18 XL/ 16X - 1.981 USD ~ 2.000 USD

For me is enough 40~45 km/p (25 - 27 mph)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bruno Grimmjow said:

Hey Friends !

To be more informative, i'll try to convert  the models to USD.

How you can see below every model here is expensive,  but MSP i cannot get now unfortunately.

MSP - USD 3600~3660(a lot money here)

18 XL/ 16X - 1.981 USD ~ 2.000 USD

For me is enough 40~45 km/p (25 - 27 mph)

Holy cow. Gotway Rs is 1.999 directly from gotway...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...