MSP lights just turned on, when wheel was laying down power off

Hi there, so i was just browsing news on the internet, when suddenly my MSP lights turned on, power button wont react, i dont know what is going on, later on it shutted down and like couple minutes later it again turned on, it connects to EUC world but there is no stat showing, also it can connect to bluetooth speakers....

also here is a video, thanks for help.

Video

make sure the bodyguard don't touch the lift cut button during operation 

2 hours ago, EMA said:

make sure the bodyguard don't touch the lift cut button during operation 

it doesnt, i even opened 1 side and separated power wire, tought it will help but it didnt..

I drop few theories you could check upon.

1.) Water on powerswitch. So have you been driving on rainy conditions? Could water have got into power button? This could be easy  fix to try. Use hairdryer to warm and vacuumer  to pull water, to try to see if water can be get out of it. Possibly replacing wiring or new power button would be easy fix if this was the case.

Also I have RollNZ cover. I placed transparent plastic to cover the power button. This way water has harder time getting in there doing mischief.

2.) Something making bridge in board maybe? Sometimes when you do electrics a small strand of copper from wiring could drop in there and maybe it makes a occasional bridge. Maybe something similar is happening with your board.

3.) Have you removed the covers? The wires can sometimes get worn when you place cover and leaving wiring exposed. This could cause occasional contact.

Contacting the person who you purchased it from could give better tech support to check upon, assuming you got warranty.

On 10/3/2020 at 8:46 AM, driu said:

Hi there, so i was just browsing news on the internet, when suddenly my MSP lights turned on, power button wont react, i dont know what is going on, later on it shutted down and like couple minutes later it again turned on, it connects to EUC world but there is no stat showing, also it can connect to bluetooth speakers....

also here is a video, thanks for help.

Video

Did you find the solution? I have the same problem.

can you test the wheel with another power button ? and without the lift botton connected ?

On 10/5/2020 at 5:22 PM, EMA said:

can you test the wheel with another power button ? and without the lift botton connected ?

You were right. We simply disconnected the lift button, and it worked.

Also, we checked both switches (top and lateral ones). There were fine. So the problem was due to a mainboard strange behaviour (like Windows, it needs to be restarted :). After reconnecting both buttons everything worked normally.

It is a dangerous bug. If the frontal light is on without the fan working, it can reach high temperatures. It was a bomb. So, if this happens to you, solve it by yourself quickly.

To get "reset" you can disconnect both battery packs, from both sides.

Then proceed holding power button on/off repeatedly to drain the last bit of charge, so capacitors dry too.

After that you can connect the battery packs again. 

2 hours ago, Patricio Bohórquez Rodríguez de Medina said:
On 10/5/2020 at 6:22 PM, EMA said:

You were right. We simply disconnected the lift button, and it worked.

Glad you worked it out!

• 2 weeks later...

service said it was fault of software, so you guys know now, if things go wild like that, its software, without changing 'motherboard' i think, you helpless

On 10/21/2020 at 10:39 PM, driu said:

service said it was fault of software, so you guys know now, if things go wild like that, its software, without changing 'motherboard' i think, you helpless

Thanks for the info. So, we ask for a new motherboard.

Indeed, the same problem ocurred again some weeks after fixing it. Meanwhile, we unplugged the lateral switch permanently.