Continue to hold on for V11, or RS

I'm sure a lot of people are in this boat, but I thought I'd start a thread to get specific answers on the models in question!

I've been on the waitlist for the V11 since mid July, and have gone back and forth with my satisfaction with the choice. I'm a big skiier, so I'm used to using my legs as shocks, so ruts don't bother me as much. Still though, I thought it would be awesome to hit the mountain biking trails with some suspension. But then again, maybe more torque and bigger battery are what I'm really after to do the trails! I'm probably about 50/50 trails/street riding.

Has anyone jumped ship on the V11 to switch to the RS? Thought process? Right now I'm sticking with my V11, but I'm starting to seriously contemplate asking to switch my pre-order over to the RS. What do you all think? 

• Like 1

I swapped from the V11 to the Rs Hs. I put in my pre-order with Ewheels halfway through September thinking it would arrive mid October as listed on the website. After contacting Ewheels and asking about the shipping time frame I got told mid November ETA. Even though I really liked the idea of a nice cushy suspension ride and waterproofing my riding style leaning towards more aggressive trail riding and I decided to switch after finding out that the Rs Hs is starting to ship this week. I swapped about a week and a half ago.

On 10/1/2020 at 7:10 PM, Martin Bialy said:

mountain biking trails

Neither wheel will be durable offroad, especially the MSuper without a bodyguard. Your wheel will fall on a rocky hill and break plastics quickly.

V11 has more stuff to break, and is more difficult to service.

MSuper with a bodyguard is pretty much the best we have for MTB durability... still plenty of room for improvement.

I just received my V11. Unless you’re trying to kill it in speed or super sick steep trails, I think you’ll want the V11. It’s so smooth and planted.

I went for a quick spin around the block with out gear just to see. Checked my max speed and I went 29 mph without even realizing it. 

I think it really comes down to how hard you want to go. If you’re a trail blazer god, maybe the RS is the better play. But if you like it chill with a bit of aggression, the V11 is the play. 

The only downside to the V11 IMO is that you can’t go 40-45+. 

Edited by Chaotropic
  • Like 2

Yeah I think I'm sticking with it. I'll only do what I think it can handle as far as offroading goes, and I'm very ok with keeping it in the mid 20s as far as speed goes. Plus the build quality rs doesn't seem to be anything amazing.

Thanks for the follow-up! Have you taken it in the dirt yet?!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It took me a while to adjust to the V11.  The high pedal height felt uncomfortable and unstable.  Now, that my body has acclimated to it there is no other wheel I'd rather be on, unless it's a Sherman.  I do wish there was a way to lower the pedals.  I think lower pedals help plant the rider to the wheel giving increased maneuverability and control.  Ideal on slippery surfaces.

V11 hands down for trail riding. The suspension makes a HUGE difference on uneven terrain. 

RS has more power but imo it is extremely rare to go over 30mph on an offroad trail. It's way safer and easier to ride that speed on an offroad trial if you have suspension.

RS is better for faster or more aggressive street riding. Probably easier to service too.

• Like 2