New to EUCS, I'm torn!

Been doing tons of research watching Jimmy Chang, Chooch, Marty, among others. I've gotten my choices down to the tesla v2 and the 18xl and simply cannot choose. I want to travel at around 30 max, want a smooth ride, and live in suburban new York, about 20 miles from the city. I also weigh 220 lbs. Is it worth spending the extra 550 on the XL? I don't want to buy the tesla and outgrow it and buy 2 unicycles in one year. I can only afford one. Help!

• Like 1

Those are quite different wheels. The Tesla is like a small sports car and reacts quickly. The 18XL needs more effort to start going, but it will be calmer at speed.

How did you end up with these two models? What about the 16X (I have heard a lot of people saying they like the 16X over the 18XL), Nikola, the Inmotion V11?

What do you see yourself using the wheel for?

• Like 1

Being a Tesla V2 1480ah owner, I can honestly & sincerely reply that the Tesla will have no issues haulin' your 220lbs butt around. The big advantage to the 18xl is the 18" tire vs 16" which means a smoother & better terrain absorption. That said, the 18xl is def not faster but likely more stable while going fast. The 2nd 18xl's advantage is arguably a slightly longer range although I gotta say, my Tesla ain't no slouch either & my feet&knees give out way before the wheel does. The 3rd 18xl advantage is better offroad performance. Bigger tires, higher pedals & frame just makes it more capable & enjoyable. 

Otherwise, I do not think the Tesla loses out esp in V2 1480/1500ah form. I paid $1120 for my Tesla & u can google the current 18xl pricing yourself but as to whether its worth the extra dosh, only u can answer.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Those are quite different wheels. The Tesla is like a small sports car and reacts quickly. The 18XL needs more effort to start going, but it will be calmer at speed.

How did you end up with these two models? What about the 16X (I have heard a lot of people saying they like the 16X over the 18XL), Nikola, the Inmotion V11?

47 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I ended up with these options because of all the videos I watched. They both seem speedy, but stable at higher speeds, just different prices and sizes. (I heard in some videos a thinner tire like the tesla is better on the road at speed) I plan on commuting on 99% road and also recreational use also on 99% road. Didn't consider 16x because I heard it's squirrely at speed with the 3 inch tire.

Was in the same boat a week ago, searching for my very first euc. I decided on a 16x monday and have been zipping around the neighborhood this week after learning to ride in 50 mins. It's responsive, handles the bumps nice and man it looks sexy. Get one, you won't regret it. Trolleys around nice too! Not too heavy.

On 10/1/2020 at 1:22 PM, J Medina said:

Been doing tons of research watching Jimmy Chang, Chooch, Marty, among others. I've gotten my choices down to the tesla v2 and the 18xl and simply cannot choose. I want to travel at around 30 max, want a smooth ride, and live in suburban new York, about 20 miles from the city. I also weigh 220 lbs. Is it worth spending the extra 550 on the XL? I don't want to buy the tesla and outgrow it and buy 2 unicycles in one year. I can only afford one. Help!

I've had the Tesla for a couple days now.  It rides quite comfortably and smoothly at 20-25 mph.  I had wobbles once or twice earlier at high speeds, but I think that's because I'm inexperienced.  I just went for a ten mile ride with no complaints whatsoever and used about 20% of the battery.  I haven't tried any other EUCs so I have no basis for comparison.  But for $1200 it has better battery capacity and price than the v10F and KS16s, which I think are most comparable.  I'm jealous of whoever above got the modded version for cheaper.

• Like 1