E skateboard or E scooter?

RetroThruster

1 hour ago, Zopper said:

Looking at the price and the machine... Why not to just go over to petrol heads and buy a decent motorcycle for those money if you want something different from EUC? I mean, this is practically a very weak motorcycle - a new 125 ccm pitbike might cost a quarter of this and would have about twice the kilowatts, plus "instant charge" at the nearest petrol station. :D

im sure he has or had motorcycles. You arent focusing on the OBVIOUS difference. No gasoline to worry about and no engine vibrations. Also no exhaust fumes or smell. I like turning my motorcyce off to coast quietly, but it only works going downhill. I'd imagine its another flavor that is similar to something he already enjoys... motorcycle riding.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zopper said:

Looking at the price and the machine... Why not to just go over to petrol heads and buy a decent motorcycle for those money if you want something different from EUC? I mean, this is practically a very weak motorcycle - a new 125 ccm pitbike might cost a quarter of this and would have about twice the kilowatts, plus "instant charge" at the nearest petrol station. :D

Oh, I have ICE bikes too, worked many years in the industry and am still very involved.  A big reason why I added the Sur Ron is because one of the best riding areas we ride at doesn't allow anything petrol, bicycles are okay and these are actually listed as a bicycle, grey area for sure but there are major advantages to electric motorcycles, especially off road, here in the US, good offroad riding for gas burners is becoming more and more difficult.

Also, check them out on youtube, people are racing these things against full size "gas" bikes in enduro and hare scramble races and they are quite competitive.

Edited by RetroThruster
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Freestyler said:

I've ordered myself an all terrain board (WowGo AT2). I don't consider it a replacement for an euc, as it cannot take me to the places an euc can, as fast or as safe.

I bought it for the fun factor and small trips, but mainly for the learning experience that has been very rewarding with the EUC. (I'm chasing that high 😂)

That's great Freestyler, hope you enjoy it, I'm betting you will:)

• 2 months later...

Still enjoying the board, don't get a chance to ride it much, snuck the rag top out today and threw the board in and had a little fun in a nearby parking lot, big fast figure 8's are pretty fun, not EUC fun but pretty close, like anything though, the better you get at it, the more fun it is.

1tiPQog.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I think everyone will agree that a scooter is easier to learn than a eboard. With the scooter, you can balance easily because of the handlebar. It may only take a short time to balance the scooter. But, with the eboard you can cruise downhill at increased speed. Also, maintaining a balance while rolling is exciting and challenging too.