Resolved: KS 18XL + Firmware Update 2.03 = Brick?

r_713

Hello.

Tonight, the KingSong app notified me of a 2.03 firmware update for my 18XL (purchased from eWheels in USA).

The updater ran and ran and ran. Finally, an hour later I opened EUC World which read "Firmware Update Failed" and the Wheel Settings section was greyed out.
I went back to the KS app and relaunched it. It now reads "Illegal device-not login"and firmware is showing as v1.0. 
And to make matters even worse, the EUC itself will no longer power up.

Anyone else experience this? If so, how did you resolve it?

UPDATE, 2020.09.27 (Sunday): Jason at eWheels sent me the "King Song engineer's app" which allowed me to install firmware. The wheel is up and spinning. Thanks, Jason! Bummer though. I thought I had an excuse to rationalise the purchase of a Veteran Sherman. :)

Edited by r_713
Resolved
  • Like 3

Ugh, THIS is exactly why I won't dare update my wheel again. Hell, I dont trust updating software period. I'm sure youll get it fixed. No doubt, Locksong will be much less help than @Seba. Don't lose hope, if you purchased it from Jason at e-wheels, he WILL NOT STOP until you are sorted out and happy. Thank goodness for our mediators.... the retailers! Just shoot e-wheels a message, they are REALLY good at getting back to you. Unfortunately, this of course happened on the weekend. Let us know when you get it fixed! Fwiw, congrats on owning one of the most refined and useable wheels out atm(well, not yours atm )! DO NOT use that KS app. I am totally serious, its been proven that all they can do is fuck your shit up. I still run Fw 2.0 and I'll be damned if I'm updating. My 18L works just fine, all they can do is screw it up.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

There are some methods to shoehorn in a Firmware when the previous failed, by laying the wheel on the side and even upside down. You’ll have to do some searching but people have solved this before.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Crooznfbroozn said:

Haven't seen anything pop up on mine

I have the impression these cases might be people using soft-tuner and installing a FW for another wheel. (ie: S18 has higher FW version number)

• Like 1

I had exactly the same problem yesterday. I opened the newly installed KingSong app and accidentally started the software update. After 30 minutes that it was still stopped, I turned off everything and now I am in the situation described by @ r_713.
Does anyone know how to get the "King Song engineer's app" to solve the problem?

Not sure if you guys have used android or not. I did, and my KS16X got soft bricked. (Turning it on, no balancing but the light is on and the tire doesn't spin freely, and bluetooth works.)

Doing the upgrade on an apple phone managed to get me through it.

Edited by Crooznfbroozn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Crooznfbroozn said:

Not sure if you guys have used android or not. I did, and my KS16X got soft bricked. (Turning it on, no balancing but the light is on and the tire doesn't spin freely, and bluetooth works.)

Doing the upgrade on an apple phone managed to get me through it.

Only android device for me now. Is there a chance to resolve without IOS?

thanks

2 hours ago, DeepZner said:

Only android device for me now. Is there a chance to resolve without IOS?

thanks

If you're the EUC World user, you can use it to recover from this situation. In this case please make following steps:

1. Start EUC World app, tap on "Bluetooth" icon to start scanning for wheel. If there is no "Bluetooth" icon, please tap on "Wheel" icon.
  2. When your wheel will show on scan results, please note its Bluetooth address. It's shown below Bluetooth name and look like 12:23:AB:01:AA:C5.
  3. Please send me an email to sebastian@euc.world with your EUC World username or email, your wheel Bluetooth address and wheel serial number. Double check that all informations are correct.
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2020 at 3:48 PM, Seba said:

If you're the EUC World user, you can use it to recover from this situation. In this case please make following steps:

1. Start EUC World app, tap on "Bluetooth" icon to start scanning for wheel. If there is no "Bluetooth" icon, please tap on "Wheel" icon.
  2. When your wheel will show on scan results, please note its Bluetooth address. It's shown below Bluetooth name and look like 12:23:AB:01:AA:C5.
  3. Please send me an email to sebastian@euc.world with your EUC World username or email, your wheel Bluetooth address and wheel serial number. Double check that all informations are correct.

I have exactly the same issue described above, I can't use my new wheel, I sent you the info.

Please help.. :(

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nada said:

I have exactly the same issue described above, I can't use my new wheel, I sent you the info.

Please help.. :(

1. Make sure your phone has internet connection and you're signed in in EUC World app.
  2. Start EUC World and connect with your wheel.
  3. Let the magic do the job.