Inner tubes suppliers for EUC - UK help!

rinzler

Hi UK friends.

Where the hell do you source your inner tubes from? I have spent the last two days searching the interwebs for a 16" x 2.125 bent valve inner tube for my Gotway Tesla. It seems to be a myth that such a tube exists!

I have found an option on SpeedyFeet but at £17 it feels a bit steep compared to everything else (granted, 'normal, straight valve') which is generally £4 - £10

I have found some UK stockists claiming they have a replacement but it is 16" x 2.5 which I understand, from reading on the forum, is a bad idea.

I'm tempted to get a standard inner tube and trying to bend the valve myself. At least then I can get a branded/reputable one (Scwhalbe/Conti etc). Anyone tried this?

Given how bad London roads are (and full of debris) I'm against patching but would like to try different (read: stronger) types of tube.

Thanks in-advance

Yeah I tried patching but it didn't work in the slightest. Ive patched bike tires pretty well but I'm not sure why it didn't work on my inmotion v8. 

I just popped my tire today, had a nail go straight through it. I bought my replacement here (https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/products/inmotion-v8-inner-tube)

it is £16, so plus next day delivery shipping total is £22.50, you can get it on speedy feet for cheaper but I wanted mine asap. 

Let me know where you end up getting your tire.

Have you ever tried slime?

I found the RC people. 

Was actually considering patching. Whilst I search since I don't ride very often. Did you sand down the area to be patched. I think you have to take off some of the shiny surface to get good adhesion.

Speedyfeet will likely be my go to. 

I just feel a bit agrieved that I can buy a perfectly matched schwalbe for £6. Just the valve is the problem. 

Might take a punt and see if I can bend it myself.