Kick stand?

MrRobot

Has anyone thought about how a kick stand might work if it attached to the bottom of the roll cage? Think it'd be possible without impacting the clearance? Maybe something like two of these one on both sides, or would it need two on the front and two on the back? 😅🤣 Idk just thinking about how it'd have to work... Or if it even would...

Edit: it'd probably need to be something like the v11s. So the question remains. Would something like this be possible if it mounted to the bottom of the roll cage? 

Screenshot_20200926-005316_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20200926-010413_Chrome.jpg

Edited by MrRobot

I was thinking the saem exact thing, when I nonchalantly used the kickstand on my new scooter. Then i wondered..... would the wheel just roll away from it, as its NOT like the scooter? Buy one and try it, let me know!

I think we might be over thinking it. KISS principles might apply here. I guess this works its just not what I had in mind 😅

Anyone have the link to these little pegs I forget who's solution this was

Screenshot_20200926-011557_Discord.jpg

107930454_281158.jpg

Edited by MrRobot
  • Like 3

too cool. I JUST printed some bumpers for mine but deicded not to bother using them. I guess I could easily turn them into pegs. I wonder how far out the factory fender sticks, and if they could be mounted on the rear? I wonder how heavy those shown are? Sharpen em, call it the NYC model.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

6 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

too cool. I JUST printed some bumpers for mine but deicded not to bother using them. I guess I could easily turn them into pegs. I wonder how far out the factory fender sticks, and if they could be mounted on the rear? I wonder how heavy those shown are? Sharpen em, call it the NYC model.

Lol the nyc model. Having them on the front probably makes more sense though since it would give you access to the charging ports. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Willy510 said:

I made a flexible front stand bumper out of TPU and it's held on with 4 250 lb zipties. Also acts a bit like a headlight cutoff. 

The single kickstand on the side only works well when the wheel is on otherwise it tends to want to roll a bit when not level on all planes. 

vetzipside.jpg

vetfrontbumper.jpg

vetside.jpg

😍 Can you share the file? 

27 minutes ago, MrRobot said:

😍 Can you share the file? 

I'll post the file up this weekend, I just need to adjust a couple of small things and finish printing the new turn signals/brake light combo extension and I'll put it up on Thingiverse. 

vetTurnpic.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

@Willy510 Looks great and made of TPU!  :wub:  I would not have thought to use TPU. Whenever I think about attaching things to my EUC I imagine how the objects would feel when I fall on them or they fall on me. The TPU Would certainly reduce damage. :thumbup:

It's still pretty stiff enough to stand up in TPU with a .6 nozzle and 6 loops with a 10% gyroid fill but it should take some of the energy out of an impact and won't splinter or explode into bits after.  The fender is also in TPU 

• Like 1

Tpu is my favorite. Im tempted to do something like this, but I just can't bring myself to add things that large. A couple tpu dounuts beside the headlight worked when i tried it (in tpu), but it just looks so damn odd.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

1 minute ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Tpu is my favorite. Im tempted to do something like this, but I just can't bring myself to add things that large. A couple tpu dounuts beside the headlight worked when i tried it (in tpu), but it just looks so damn odd.

It looks a lot bigger in the pics than it does in person, I kept changing the design until I noticed that :rolleyes:  I'm still not entirely happy with the design but it does work well so I'll leave it for a bit.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 9:50 AM, Willy510 said:

I'll post the file up this weekend, I just need to adjust a couple of small things and finish printing the new turn signals/brake light combo extension and I'll put it up on Thingiverse. 

vetTurnpic.jpg

Oo, nice design! Do you still plan to release the mudguard or front bumper?