Jump to content

King Song S18 Pedal Dip


Recommended Posts

I'm not sure if my experience is what is referred to as "pedal dip".

Basically, whenever I make a relatively sharp turn, or ride around in a circle with a turning radius of approximately 3 to 5 feet, the foot pedals feel like they're tilting more forward, and then when I straighten out from that turn, the pedals return back to level.  I also feel the same forward tilt in pedals while going uphill as well.  I have riding mode in app set to intermediate (not expert, not beginner).

Is this "pedal dip" normal?  Or is something wrong with S18?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dsd317 said:

I'm not sure if my experience is what is referred to as "pedal dip".

Basically, whenever I make a relatively sharp turn, or ride around in a circle with a turning radius of approximately 3 to 5 feet, the foot pedals feel like they're tilting more forward, and then when I straighten out from that turn, the pedals return back to level.  I also feel the same forward tilt in pedals while going uphill as well.  I have riding mode in app set to intermediate (not expert, not beginner).

Is this "pedal dip" normal?  Or is something wrong with S18?

Try recalibration,   also when going uphill the pedals feel like they are tilting forward due to the gyroscope trying to maintain upright position  , some eucs have pedal dip while turning  but you get used to it or try to adjust  your position  to overcome it 

Edited by stephen
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dsd317 said:

Is this "pedal dip" normal?  Or is something wrong with S18?

Your S18 is fine. I’ve experienced the same tilt  on sharp turns. Enjoy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dsd317 said:

I'm not sure if my experience is what is referred to as "pedal dip".

Basically, whenever I make a relatively sharp turn, or ride around in a circle with a turning radius of approximately 3 to 5 feet, the foot pedals feel like they're tilting more forward, and then when I straighten out from that turn, the pedals return back to level.  I also feel the same forward tilt in pedals while going uphill as well.  I have riding mode in app set to intermediate (not expert, not beginner).

Is this "pedal dip" normal?  Or is something wrong with S18?

Pedal dip can occur and exaggerated if you have not calibrated the S18 properly. If you've calibrated the wheel whilst its tilted too far left or too far right it can result in pedal dips at turns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack King Song said:

Pedal dip can occur and exaggerated if you have not calibrated the S18 properly. If you've calibrated the wheel whilst its tilted too far left or too far right it can result in pedal dips at turns. 

I'm afraid to calibrate because I've heard of horror stories from calibrations done incorrectly causing EUC to malfunction.  I don't have an EUC stand, so if I have to calibrate while holding S18, I may mess this up.  Can someone show a video of calibrating S18 without using a stand?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 10:38 AM, dsd317 said:

I'm afraid to calibrate because I've heard of horror stories from calibrations done incorrectly causing EUC to malfunction.  I don't have an EUC stand, so if I have to calibrate while holding S18, I may mess this up.  Can someone show a video of calibrating S18 without using a stand?

Calibrations wont mess up your wheel and I have never heard of that happening. Usually if that happens its because they were updating firmware and it corrupted because they left the screen or killed the app or connection issues. 

You just have to eyeball it. Very little people use a stand 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...