My Own Sherman 'Velocity' Seat

35 minutes ago, Wild Caribou said:

I'm curious to know how your DIY is working out for you.

So far so good, much better than the official Veteran seat. The clamps I used are not as tight as I wanted. If I lean too hard there is some side to side slipping. I've ordered new clamps which have a tighter grip, 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33036829418.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4c4a4c4dZaf2Hb

1 hour ago, Shield said:

So far so good, much better than the official Veteran seat. The clamps I used are not as tight as I wanted. If I lean too hard there is some side to side slipping. I've ordered new clamps which have a tighter grip, 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33036829418.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4c4a4c4dZaf2Hb

Nice to hear. I also think you did a great job on the seat. Looking forward to your next iteration.

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2020 at 5:08 PM, Shield said:

Which size clamps did you use? 40MM?

On 12/3/2020 at 7:11 AM, Duf said:

Which size clamps did you use? 40MM?

20MM

I think you need to check the accuracy of your measuring equipment Shawn!!?? :laughbounce2:

Edited by fbhb

Good job with the seat!  Do you mind sharing the dimensions of your seat?  Also what is the length from rail to rail? 

I have a Sherman coming, but I am really want to have a seat before it comes since I have time right now.  I think I have enough scraps to make a seat :)

• 2 months later...
On 12/6/2020 at 6:51 PM, Cychotic said:

Good job with the seat!  Do you mind sharing the dimensions of your seat?  Also what is the length from rail to rail? 

I have a Sherman coming, but I am really want to have a seat before it comes since I have time right now.  I think I have enough scraps to make a seat :)

I too am searching for length and width of top of sherman. Would like to build seat for future sherman. Thanks in advance

105mm across very top. angles down 8mm then its 130mm. Angle continues 56mm to 178mm wide.   front to back bar spacing is 310mm inside edge bar to bar, 330mm center to center. Anyone wanting to design a seat really NEEDS have a sherman available to test fit. Consider it a business investment? At the very least, one could obtain a factory seat, as its dimensions are spot on for where it rests. Beware of the 'taint killer' seats :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet