Inmotion V10 power cut-off after this msg

Real Man

What's the exact msg it said? "I dont know. Please give up??"

https://vimeo.com/460115594

please listen to the records when the power cut-off occurs just after the msg.

I got this msg just before heavy falling because of power-off of Inmotion V10. If I didn't wear helmet and protectors for knees and arms, I have definitely DIED. It almost killed me in spite of FULL CHARGE. Please help.

Edited by Real Man
modifying title with 2 characters.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ( _ ) Alexey said:

“Overload, please get off” which sounded more like “please get out”.

How did you record this?

I got a camcorder at that time to record around. Why this  msg occurs and cut off power just after 0.1 second after this msg?

This isn't a warning but say-and-kill!

ADD: 1 minute travel at that day from home to the field to have a jogging. After 5 minutes of jogging I was coming back home. The machine was resting on the ground by turning itself off. After less than a minute I had a heavy falling from V10 0.1 seconds after this msg.

Sorry to hear that, man. No idea on the technical side of the issue, if it’s out of the blue like you describe - there could be a hardware issue. Did you run diagnostics through the Inmotion app? While you are waiting for response of other Inmotion owners that might have better ideas - I’d suggest to contact Inmotion support. It would be scary to ride a wheel without understanding the reason behind its failure.

On 9/21/2020 at 1:40 PM, Rawnei said:

Full charge, did you go down any steep hills? Did you accelerate very fast?

Yes, steep hill way down. To the field it steeps down but not very much. To the field there's also a steep-up hill but not very steep (Total 20 meters maybe? After finishing jogging I had to steep down that hill and steep up again till home for 500 meters home?  I got a little bit of higher speed than that I set, so it makes a little bit of warning alarm but it has had alarm like that from the first time I bought and rode it like that till then for months. I didn't need to speed up like a crazy guy at that time.

(Wrong with 20 meters of up-hill to the field, but the lower field with 400 meters to go the level ground - there's no up or down hill in 400 meters. Please refer to my post below.)

Edited by Real Man
Wrong information. And modified anyway.

1 hour ago, ( _ ) Alexey said:

Sorry to hear that, man. No idea on the technical side of the issue, if it’s out of the blue like you describe - there could be a hardware issue. Did you run diagnostics through the Inmotion app? While you are waiting for response of other Inmotion owners that might have better ideas - I’d suggest to contact Inmotion support. It would be scary to ride a wheel without understanding the reason behind its failure.

Thanks I'll try diagnostics but a few month behind, is it OK? V10 is always full charged but not riding for months anyway. I'm afraid of V10 anyway..

55 minutes ago, Real Man said:

Yes, steep hill way down. To the field it steeps down but not very much. To the field there's also a steep-up hill but not very steep (Total 20 meters maybe? After finishing jogging I had to steep down that hill and steep up again till home for 500 meters home?  I got a little bit of higher speed than that I set, so it makes a little bit of warning alarm but it has had alarm like that from the first time I bought and rode it like that till then for months. I didn't need to speed up like a crazy guy at that time.

If you are going down hill on full charge it's generating power to the batteries and it might have cut the engine to protect the batteries from overcharging hence the overload warning that you got. So in this scenario full charge is not optimal at all for that short trip down a hill.

52 minutes ago, Real Man said:

Thanks I'll try diagnostics but a few month behind, is it OK? V10 is always full charged but not riding for months anyway. I'm afraid of V10 anyway..

Inmotion wheels are like the safest wheels, they have high safety margins.

On 9/21/2020 at 3:44 PM, Rawnei said:

If you are going down hill on full charge it's generating power to the batteries and it might have cut the engine to protect the batteries from overcharging hence the overload warning that you got. So in this scenario full charge is not optimal at all for that short trip down a hill.

I don't agree. I've rode V10 for months in the same pattern.

I reviewed the accidental area and pictures at that time before the accident yesterday. I found out I went to the lower field in that day not the higher field. The lower field doesn't have any up-or-down hill but a plain long way.

My trip in that day is as follows:

Home -> 500 meters of down-hill -> 400 meters of plain road -> 5 minutes of jogging -> 400 meters of plain road -> Accident before the up-hill.

So called waning msg appeared at that time and after 0.1 second I had a heavy fall from V10.

I agree that I oversped 1 to 5km frequently at that day as used to do for months with V10. I don't think this made that accident at all. Because the pedals decline whenever I oversped.

And I'v traveled the down-hill road for months without problem with full charge.

It does indeed sound like over voltage from going downhill on full charge.
Going fast could make the problem lesser though, the wheel making less energy from braking.

On 9/21/2020 at 5:44 PM, Rawnei said:

What safety margins ? 

Edited by null

3 hours ago, null said:

It does indeed sound like over voltage from going downhill on full charge.
Going fast could make the problem lesser though, the wheel making less energy from braking.

What safety margins ? 

Early tiltback and klaxon.

10 minutes ago, Real Man said:

Power cut-off 0.1 seconds after so-called warning msg told by a computer voice doesn't seem to be safe.

There are people on here that know a lot more about the inner workings of wheels than me but if it was overvoltage that happened because of full battery and braking hard down a hill then I'm guessing difficult to predict that and give you a warning earlier, there just wasn't enough time.

Do you have an android phone? I recommend using EUC World and turn on logging that way you can analyze the logs after incidents like these (which you hopefully won't experience again) and see under the hood more likely what happened.

No hard braking on the first 500 meters of down-hill and in addition total 800 meters of level road trip which goes and comes. And hard falling! Leaving 500 meters up-hill home.

Imagine this happens in a busy urban traffic roads. I must have died by cars.

Fortunately this happens in the country.

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Early tiltback and klaxon.

Inmotion just don’t have any special more margins, this IM is safer is a myth. The only more margin they have is not allowing to turn off tilt back like Gotway, which is the same as Kingsong and Ninebot. For that sake I have had over voltage warning without cutoff from those two brands. Other than the V11 Inmotion have punny batteries which isn’t exactly safety margin either.

Its cool you like your brand of choice but don’t state baseless stuff.

6 minutes ago, null said:

IIts cool you like your brand of choice but don’t state baseless stuff.

No need to go at me like that, I don't have a brand of choice, was just repeating what I've read and I'm by no means an expert.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 12:49 PM, Real Man said:

What's the exact msg it said? "I dont know. Please give up??"

https://vimeo.com/460115594

please listen to the records when the power cut-off occurs just after the msg.

I got this msg just before heavy falling because of power-off of Inmotion V10. If I didn't wear helmet and protectors for knees and arms, I have definitely DIED. It almost killed me in spite of FULL CHARGE. Please help.

Classic v10/F overload please get out you just push too hard  3 sec over 28A triger this you pedal go hard tiltback and v10/f force you stop. I write here on forum many coments about this "inmotion safety" i no want repaet myself again. Find and read my coments if you want know more. Solution long story short buy 16X (v10/f on steroids) cap speed to 43/45 km/h  and be happy. Potencialy buy MSP 2500W for raw power end of story.

Everytime i write here about inmotion please get out many warirors aperar here just say you are to heavy i never have this isssue etc. I experience this on my v10f often if you buy smartwatch ticwatch pro 2018 (i have) and eucworld you can set alarm to 28A if you watch vibrate(trigger alarm) stop push only way to avoid this no more choices v10/F is too weak for bigger people.

There is no solution. Others brand 4x beep on you like overpower alarm inmotion force you stop in trafic totaly security/health risk. Person who was killed bus have v10 too maybee he overload too in panic and this maybee trigger his fall under bus this is pure speculation based on my own experience V10F force me stop 2 times in middle crossroad belive me i know how dangerous weak euc can be.

And becasue nobody confirm V11 not have same overload get out mechanism what force you stop is just V11 no go for me. Kuji video i heard overload get out on V11 (preproduction model) he trigger this when testing aceleration.

Mr Hagov experienced cutout on inmotion V11 this model need more batches to fix all issues.

EDIT: you title is Inmotion V10 power cut-off after the msg / no cut -off is just inmotion safety feature force you stop.

Cut-off mean lost acidentaly power not you case. You overlean weak EUC this trigger "safety feature" and you fall becasue this safety feature.(others kingsong /gotway ) just agresive beep on you and give time you to react ,inmotion just agresive force stop EUC dont care what rider need/want. 

Edited by DjPanJan
edit about overlean not cutoff
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

Classic v10/F overload please get out you just push too hard  3 sec over 28A triger this you pedal go hard tiltback and v10/f force you stop.

I didn't over-sped like a crazy guy. It was a normal day like months of V10 riding (not v10F).

I don't know about 28 Ampere or something, but full charged and ran 800 meters of level cement covered road.

And now it's time to go the remaining 500 meters of up-hill (not so steep as cars also drove that road) Asphalt road, but fell hard.

Just now, Real Man said:

I didn't over-sped like a crazy guy. It was a normal day like months of V10 riding (not v10F).

Ok fine last question to you. After you say cut-out v10 was ON or OFF? ( If realy cutout(self power off when balancing is just faulty EUC)

Then simply make RMA use you warranty and let  seller fix you V10.

Example my V10F have failed sensor what trigger FAN fixed by RMA very fast they got me new mainboard.

If your V10 is faulty not ride this EUC anymore. 

FIX(waranty or you money) or sell how is.

When sell tell buyer what hapend to you be fairplay to new owner to protect his health and warning him not ride in any traffic.  

Is posible overload  get out on V10/f when 0 to 1km/h too. This hapend to me sometime when i start ride against obstacles(stone/gap) or incline.(my V10F never cut out(self shutdown) only triger alarm and make pedals instantly to unrideable angle).

I recomended ride v10/or/f  hardest possible pedal mode this mean tiltback 35/40km/h and sensitivity 100% this is best. (because soft pedal mode triger overload very simply) 

Thats all what i can write to you all based on my personal experience  with inmotion V10F.  

V10 is logicaly weaker compare to v10F anyway any electric device can be faulty this hapen all brands euc phones drones etc maybee you are just out of luck.

Somebody with diagnostic tools need investigate you EUC if is thrue how you say cut-off.

Simply test can do yourself give hands against wall and push you hard V10 against wall(only hands touch wall not euc) you propably experience 3 scenarios. 1, euc say overload get out and tiltback (euc is fine). 2, cut out how you say if cut out(power is off) is definetly faulty.   3 pedals hard dip forward if do continue push to overload get out message(if dip this simulate overlean)  

Good luck and always gear yourself when ride EUC.

10 hours ago, Real Man said:

My trip in that day is as follows:

Home -> 500 meters of down-hill -> 400 meters of plain road -> 5 minutes of jogging -> 400 meters of plain road -> Accident before the up-hill.

Before or at the start of the up-hill?

I agree that I oversped 1 to 5km frequently at that day as used to do for months with V10.

Driving at top speed on a flat road is ok - changing to an incline this can lead to immedeate overburden and faceplant...

It's not the speed alone determining the wheels limit - the more one burdens the wheel the lower this speed gets. And the third factor determining the maximum speed is the battery voltage.

I don't think this made that accident at all. Because the pedals decline whenever I oversped.

With "pedals decline" you mean the tiltback?

Tiltback comes at a fixed speed (just depending on battery voltage). If burden increases (pothole, wind gust, incline, acceleration) the limit can be reached without changing the riding speed...

With strong enough acceleration one can also overlean and faceplant at lower speeds as the set max tiltback speed...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Ok fine last question to you. After you say cut-out v10 was ON or OFF? ( If realy cutout(self power off when balancing is just faulty EUC)

I found several records. Ampere doesn't go over 16A as I review. I didn't touch any settings like pedal tilting, etc but speed limit. My speed limit seemed like 35km/h as the max speed never goes above 40km/h in the records.

I remember it was definitely power OFF mode when and after I fell from V10, since the ambulance brought me to the hospital at that time.

If your V10 is faulty not ride this EUC anymore. 

FIX(waranty or you money) or sell how is.

When sell tell buyer what hapend to you be fairplay to new owner to protect his health and warning him not ride in any traffic. 

Ok. You made it clear. I was actually thinking how to make any lie. Thanks. I will definitely tell him the truth.

There's nothing to fix. Only scratches..

Is posible overload  get out on V10/f when 0 to 1km/h too. This hapend to me sometime when i start ride against obstacles(stone/gap) or incline.(my V10F never cut out(self shutdown) only triger alarm and make pedals instantly to unrideable angle).

I have never had power cut-off problem or so-called warning msg, etc. It was perfect for months except that day.

V10 is logicaly weaker compare to v10F anyway any electric device can be faulty this hapen all brands euc phones drones etc maybee you are just out of luck.

Somebody with diagnostic tools need investigate you EUC if is thrue how you say cut-off.

Simply test can do yourself give hands against wall and push you hard V10 against wall(only hands touch wall not euc) you propably experience 3 scenarios. 1, euc say overload get out and tiltback (euc is fine). 2, cut out how you say if cut out(power is off) is definetly faulty.   3 pedals hard dip forward if do continue push to overload get out message(if dip this simulate overlean) 

As I know, the only difference between V10 and V10F is battery spec. Even the weights are the same. 20kg. Very heavy.

Ok, I'll try the wall-test. I think I have to use bars rather than plain wall in order not to fall to the ground again.

Thanks. And wait for the result.

14 hours ago, Chriull said:

Before or at the start of the up-hill?

Before the up-hill.

Driving at top speed on a flat road is ok - changing to an incline this can lead to immedeate overburden and faceplant...

It's not the speed alone determining the wheels limit - the more one burdens the wheel the lower this speed gets. And the third factor determining the maximum speed is the battery voltage.

35km/h max I set. Ampere doesn't go higher than 20A according to the records.

With "pedals decline" you mean the tiltback?

Tiltback comes at a fixed speed (just depending on battery voltage). If burden increases (pothole, wind gust, incline, acceleration) the limit can be reached without changing the riding speed...

With strong enough acceleration one can also overlean and faceplant at lower speeds as the set max tiltback speed...

yes , 'pedal decline' means 'tillback'. I didn't touch any settings relating to tillback anyway.

I sometimes drove V10 in a very very strong wind. I know what you mean. But it had never given me such an accident before.

Sorry for the late reply since 5 posts limit a day.

• Like 1

I also have a Inmotion an an know this message. I live on a hill and when i charge it and drive down, this message comes and forces me to walk until im down. Never turned off by itself though.

But I always go off immediately after the message and was going very slowly if going downhill with a full battery.

Would be very interested why you had this failure

cheers

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 9:28 PM, one_wheeler said:

But I always go off immediately after the message and was going very slowly if going downhill with a full battery.

Would be very interested why you had this failure

500 meters down-hill and 800 meters of level road, then failure. How interesting it is?

Edited by Real Man