Calf strapping

David Reeves

So I am really struggling to build up the miles, even short rides result in extreme pain in my right calf. Yesterday I strapped it and it was great, no pain at all, but today with same strapping I had pain almost immediately, and couldn’t continue riding after just 3,5 Kms :(

any one else had similar problems and how did you get past it? Could it be my stance? Any advice very welcome! 

Edited by David Reeves

I had a touch of that when I first started, maybe look to see that your pedal height is the same on both sides, we're not all built square if you know what I mean, we may have a little gimp or abnormality in our hips/back or even a leg that might be slightly longer than the other, which you will compensate for once you ride more, basically I think it's just a matter of reps (miles) before you get in riding shape.  I think I can ride a while before I get tired but watching these guys here riding 50+ miles like it's nothing is pretty impressive so I've a long ways to go myself...