Higher quality rubber charge port caps?

MrRobot

On 9/19/2020 at 11:55 PM, MrRobot said:

My charge port caps got warm and lost their shape a little bit so they don't stay locked on as well. 

Are there higher quality more waterproof rubber caps I can replace them with? 

Too funny, I was thinking the same with my brand new ones. Tempted to see if the printer can solve it, I'll get back with you on that. :)

1 hour ago, chulander said:

i resorted to taping it down. same problem which kind of sucks.

Yes, the factory plugs suck. I have solved it and with color choices... any takers? "high" quality is subjective, but I find these are nicer than the stupid loose Gotways.

GwPLugs.jpg

mten plug.jpg

shermanPLug.jpg

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Yes, the factory plugs suck. I have solved it and with color choices... any takers? "high" quality is subjective, but I find these are nicer than the stupid loose Gotways.

GwPLugs.jpg

mten plug.jpg

shermanPLug.jpg

Interesting. Are they rubber? I ordered some off ebay that supposedly are but they're coming from China so I won't have them for a while. How exactly do you install them? 

They are made of a Tpu plastic material. Very stretchy. You put them on by putting an edge of the ring under the connector lip and gently pulling it until seated.

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/20070-replacement-power-cap-for-gotway-style/

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 11:45 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

GwPLugs.jpg

mten plug.jpg

shermanPLug.jpg

How can I order a set of these in black? And how “hard” is it actually to get it on the Sherman. I was checking today, and they seem crazily right to the body like you mentioned. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2020 at 1:21 AM, 808shane said:

How can I order a set of these in black? And how “hard” is it actually to get it on the Sherman. I was checking today, and they seem crazily right to the body like you mentioned. 

I ended up just attaching them to the brake light cable instead. I ordered mine off ebay they are different but rubber and work well. 

On 11/2/2020 at 2:21 AM, 808shane said:

On their way to you. I always send extras as yes, its a very tight fit. You pull mine on and they will get under that lip. I sent a guitar pic with the set to assist in installing. Do NOT use metal tools near a charge port. I designed these with a very thin ring to help aid in getting under the connector edge. Let me know how you get along with them. My first concern is that you are content with your purchase. Thanks and enjoy!

Edited by ShanesPlanet