How often are your cutouts or accidents on the inmotion v8 or similar?

CharlesRomer

What are your guys cutouts or fails?

How often are your cutouts or accidents on the inmotion v8 or similar?

I just bought a v8 and I'm wondering how much protective gear I need Ill defo get a helmet and wrist guards, but I don't know if I need a jacket or knee pads, etc. 

What are your guys cutouts or fails?

• Like 1

600 km on an Inmotion v10, with regular rides in the city, so far no accidients or cutouts. I always accept the soft tiltbacks and don't try to overpower the wheel. The worst things that arrived were that the wheel felt down after I stopped or after I tried to take a curb (at very slow speed).

I think when you know and respect the limits of your wheel and stay alert in traffic and anticipate, chances are that you wont get hit by cutouts or accidents ...

I have about 400 miles on  my V8F and I've never had a cutout.  I push it to the limit on every ride, constantly riding at the top end.  I like to race around this little park around my place and when I do I'm braking hard into turns and accelerating hard out of them.  I'm a lightweight though so take that into consideration.

No cutout in over 10K km on various wheels. If you are sensitive to low battery and stay within the envelope you should be safe from that point of view . Random hardware failure and other incidents are always possible though. IMO one should always be able to fall, with gear proportionate to the speed.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

From what I have seen on YouTube, most of the cut outs are caused by the rider grossly abusing the wheel. If you respect the tilt back, don’t ride until zero battery, you will probably be fine. Remember that the nearer you get to top speed, the less torque you have available to hold the wheel up, so don’t ignore the tilt back. Always wear some safety gear though...there’s always a pot hole, stick or broken pavement out to get you!

• Like 1