Yes, I do love the Sherman...so far

• 6 months later...

Sherm-Geared.jpg

How to ensure a simple crash isnt cheap...  I've only been waiting nearly 6 months for my nylonove pedals to arrive. Trying to NOT destroy it before they get here. The phone is a little large, but I've nothing else to use it for. If it gets destroyed, oh well. Camera has insurance. The speaker is barely audible at 35mph with no helmet on.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 5:57 AM, ShanesPlanet said:

How to ensure a simple crash isnt cheap...  I've only been waiting nearly 6 months for my nylonove pedals to arrive. Trying to NOT destroy it before they get here. The phone is a little large, but I've nothing else to use it for. If it gets destroyed, oh well. Camera has insurance. The speaker is barely audible at 35mph with no helmet on.

Last I heard we are two weeks out for sherman pedals from nylonove. you get the ones with the STAS? looks promising and really will elevate comfort and performance, i think. do you usually not wear a helmet? ever consider some headphones for one, if you do wear one for better audio of the beeps?

• 2 weeks later...

A miracle has happened. My nylonove pedals are in route! Hooray, the last farkle to the sherman (for now). I honestly cant think of much left to add. I need to sex and name it soon I think. Here's what it looks so far. I've been working on an updated pad design. I am REALLY enjoying them but I've a few more tweaks to go. Hopefully soon I'll have a pedal onboxing and demo/opinion. After such a long wait, expectations are high! Hopefully the glue on the headlight sticks, as that gopro is a fun angle to have. Insurance on the camera, but its still gna be costly when i slam pretty good. No shortage of "phones" on ebay tho. Eucw in bright display, music blasting up at your ass and a smooth road tire. I don't sit anyhow, so no loss there. Yup, almost complete. I do think there may be something else coming, but it's a secret for now....

Shermworld.jpg

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

Nylonove pedals are really nice. They are a little odd and I need get used to how they grip my shoes. I did find them to seem slick when wet, but it may have just been that im used to grip tape and not studs. It is VERY nice to not scrape pedal as easily. They are also large enough to increase comfort and control. Sadly, its easier to dig for gold, than it is to get a set shipped promptly to the usa (at least in my experience). I may do a full review video of MY experience with them, once i have more experience with them. You know me, 'every rose has its thorn', these pedals arent the exception.

So my sherm is complete for now. Until a new product hits the market and changes my mind, I've got no farkles left to buy. Such an odd thing, having all the wheels you want and not being able to think of any addons. I guess I could get a blinking rear light or something.

I did make a second version of powerpads for the sherm. It took a long time and many revisions, but i am truly happy with the format for MY needs. I included a link to the posting about the pads, should anyone be interested.

DSC_1753.jpg

DSC_1761.jpg

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, stephen said:

Swapped my v11 for a sherman and liking it so far, not keen on the narrow pedals though, time for some range riding

Report back on how you like it once you've put some more miles in on it, you may get used to the stock pedals or even want to upgrade to NyloNove studded XL's (prepare for a wait though if you do, not easy to find them in stock) Veteran Sherman (hulaj.market)

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1