3D printed unicycle!

Violinfun

3D EUC printing  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Would you print your own EUC or parts of it?

• The entire shell
    • Only accessories like mudguards, pads, light hoods etc..
    • No - too much bother
    • No - too expensive

3 hours ago, Willy510 said:

I already do print a bunch of my EUC parts and have an entire shell rendered up for printing for a MSX suspension idea I have. 

Interesting.

These are your own designs, outside of the MSX design? 

Are you printing in pieces, or 1 piece on a high volume 3D printer? If the latter, which printer? And in what material, some kind of strength PETG, or ABS?

Also, do you have a solution for 3D scanning to copy/modify/improve existing parts?

... Sorry for all the questions ha, but I'm just starting to dip my feet into 3D printing, and eventually really want to print up a shell of my own design. Thanks in advance!

8 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Interesting.

These are your own designs, outside of the MSX design? 

Are you printing in pieces, or 1 piece on a high volume 3D printer? If the latter, which printer? And in what material, some kind of strength PETG, or ABS?

Also, do you have a solution for 3D scanning to copy/modify/improve existing parts?

... Sorry for all the questions ha, but I'm just starting to dip my feet into 3D printing, and eventually really want to print up a shell of my own design. Thanks in advance!

The designs are my own, the only msx part of it would be the controller, batteries and motor. 

The design isn't a 100% 3D printed one, the center section and suspension bits are all aluminum and the covers and accessory bits are all printed. I do have a printers big enough to print it in one piece but it wouldn't be nearly as strong unless I redesigned quite a few things. Most of my home printers are of my design and build and mostly delta's .   Most of the pieces will be printed in carbon fiber polycarbonate and the rest in regular polycarbonate. 

I have several solutions for scanning that range from free to a $100K laser system that I can borrow but unless you do this for a living you can find ways to do it on youtube that are free or cheap.  Usually I just measure and draw from scratch and maybe use a canvas to match profiles.  

If you're just starting to get into it then the first thing you should do is head over to youtube and make friends with Lars and Fusion 360 if you want to make your own stuff. 

• Like 1