Electric Unicycle Stands

John Eucist

Holy cow. I had no idea these were guitar stands. That's great news then because that means it can be easily found at music instrument stores. And I thought I bought some dedicated electric unicycle stands. LOL. Makes me wonder what other readily available objects work well as electric unicycle stands?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2014 at 10:07 AM, John Eucist said:

8pT7hCd.jpg

Bought these at an electric unicycle shop in Shenzhen, China for 30 RMB each (about 5 USD).  The wheel in the middle is the new Rockwheel 14".

I bought those colored ones on E-bay being sold as electric unicycle stands, and they look great and work great. Not being a musician or being around guitars, I had no idea that type of stand is used for guitars. I use that kind for the 16-inch unicycle. I use this wire stand for the 14-inch unicycle. E-bay and Banggood are two sources.

UnicycleStand.jpg

I have one of these Quik Loks, but it's actually used for the guitar:

QuiklokQL691FullyAdjustableElectricGuita

The neck-support and the "arms" can be adjusted also up and down (because I have Rhoads-style guitar), at one point I thought I'd use it for the Firewheel, but then I would have to find a new place to keep the guitar in :P  Probably overkill for a unicycle, the ones John Eucist posted are probably cheaper and better suited for them anyway ;)

Wow, guitar stand! Mind blown.

I found that stand on AliExpress but it's expensive: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Yellow-type-A-Guitar-stand-musical-instrument-parts-FOR-classic-acoustic-guitar-electric-guitars-and-bass/32269007295.html

There are a lot of others that are as little as $10 that seem like they would work: http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?site=glo&g=y&SearchText=guitar+stand&shipCountry=US

Fortunately, playing the guitar while riding an electric unicycle is completely doable. What better excuse to keep the wheel next to the guitar, on similar stands.

On 10/9/2014 at 1:58 PM, André Liu said:

I'm using my guitar stands for my guitars  :P

So my airwheels rest against the walls at home.

Actually those may be specifically designed for EUC'S.  I went to guitar center and bought the closest equivalant and it don't balance right.

On 10/9/2014 at 3:57 PM, John Eucist said:

Holy cow. I had no idea these were guitar stands. That's great news then because that means it can be easily found at music instrument stores. And I thought I bought some dedicated electric unicycle stands. LOL. Makes me wonder what other readily available objects work well as electric unicycle stands?

I think you are right, those do look like unicyle stands not guitar stands.

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2014 at 10:07 PM, John Eucist said:

8pT7hCd.jpg

Bought these at an electric unicycle shop in Shenzhen, China for 30 RMB each (about 5 USD).  The wheel in the middle is the new Rockwheel 14".

I'm actually going to discard all three of these in a week or two if nobody wants it.  So if anyone here is near the Shenzhen Futian border area and want them for free let me know.  No I'm not going to mail them internationally.  I *MIGHT* consider couriering it to someone within China though if they really want them for some weird reason.  :D

5 minutes ago, Vik's said:

@John Eucist Didn' like them? Or out of ridable EUCs?

Don't find the need for them.  My KS14 stands up on its own when rotated down so that the trolley bar bottom touches the floor.  My KS16 I just lean it against a wall.  The whole point (for me at least) is to save floor space but these things don't really save that much floor space since they have a large base.

1 minute ago, John Eucist said:

Don't find the need for them.  My KS14 stands up on its own when rotated down so that the trolley bar bottom touches the floor.  My KS16 I just lean it against a wall.  The whole point (for me at least) is to save floor space but these things don't really save that much floor space since they have a large base.

Agreed, I always thought guitar stands are a little too much and too big...

1 hour ago, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

If you have a cutting tool, maybe try cutting the arms of the base shorter on each side and then put the black endcaps back on?  

Since eucs generally weigh a lot more than guitars I think cutting it will cause instability.  Anyhow, I don't need them even if it had a smaller footprint.

@Jurgen Those are exactly the same napkin holders EUC stands that were discussed earlier in this thead. But the price is much lower if you order'em from Banggood - ca. €5

I've got two of this type as well and they work as advertised. But I have now received my customized acrylic stands and I like them a little better:

On ‎27‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 9:49 AM, Vik's said:

A little update on acrylic stands:

@adamo, @StreetMeatNYC, I got my customized acrylic stands. Shipped from China to Oslo in 3 days (!) and it took another 5 days from Oslo to me (customs are sloooow). My measurements were spot on. Ninebot rests nicely on them and I can turn it on without the wheel moving (touching the bottom just right):

P1010219.JPG

P1010218.JPG

• 1 year later...
31 minutes ago, Leonte Mihai said:

On eBay the same thing Cost 40€, 50$

Wow, eBay must be taking the Italian's for a ride, the dearest metal one I could find on Amazon.co.uk £10.99 and the cheapest (£5.99, €6.50) gets good reviews and has free postage: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005FF4IXK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1498200113&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=guitar+stand&dpPl=1&dpID=41i4Xjz33sL&ref=plSrch

I was, originally, going to buy one but then realised that a couple of rubber walking stick rubbers converted my trolley handle to a stand.IMG_0037.thumb.JPG.c7a2aee96d381caaa04233e6e620ec97.JPG

Archived