Tasku

MSP 38 - weird noice while standing right foot only

I got this fairly new wheel MSP C38. I been wondering about this weird sound it makes when I stand only with right foot on it. It sounds like something is scraping or scratching. This only happens on the right side when I put my full weight to it.

My question is:  Does your MSP make weird scraping sound when you stand right foot/one foot only on it?

My follow up question is: Do you know what to look for to make this sound go away? Anyone with theory or had similar problem? I can't see the cover touching the wheel.. so what could make the sound? 

I asked the person who sold it me, but I was told to ignore it. Yet the extra sound remains when all weight on right side..

Thank you for answering

I think I might have found similar topic with fix:

My question is:  Does your MSP make weird scraping sound when you stand right foot/one foot only on it?

Yes, i was convinced that there was something wrong but it may of been a case of me not used to the new wheel. Had it for a week and upgraded from an old Ninebot S2 

My follow up question is: Do you know what to look for to make this sound go away? Anyone with theory or had similar problem? I can't see the cover touching the wheel.. so what could make the sound? 

My guess was that the wheel is new and needs to be "broken in"

I asked the person who sold it me, but I was told to ignore it. Yet the extra sound remains when all weight on right side..

My seller was the same, just ingored or didn't acknowledge the question whenever it was brought up. My wheel has been shipped back for repair on a seperate issue (LEDs & headlight) 

Unfortunately this is still a common problem for many models of wheels. Tyre clearances and shell stiffness is simply not enough to prevent rubbing on one leg riding, especially for heavyweight riders. Best to just ignore it for now. Hopefully next generation of wheels will solve it. 

On 9/16/2020 at 1:15 PM, Tasku said:

I think I might have found similar topic with fix:

The steps MrElwood outlined really helped my MSP--I was getting rubbing pretty easily going into right turns, esp. at lower tire pressure. Adjusting the shell almost entirely resolved it. Still possible to rub if I really go hard into a right turn, but it's so minor I don't plan on cracking it open again.