18x3 street tire catalog (MSuper's, Sherman, etc)

1 hour ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Ah that's good news, more clearance than my 78mm City Pro 80/90-14 (which didn't fit my MSX shell).

i've already mounted k66 into an msx wo issues ;)

kenda k340 can rubber the inside of msx while riding one foot or aggressive cornering (the structure is softer compared to k66)

Edited by EMA
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Have Not tried a Michelin Pilot Street 2 on My first Gen Sherman rim, however I have just recently had great success fitting a Michelin City Pro to the 40mm rim, clocking up 1650kms so far!  As

Awesome, I agree I think the City Pro is the best option for a true, decent MC tyre out there for EUC fitment. It's the only one I have seen which can be purchased tubed (unlike the Michelin Pilot). I

i recommend it to all the riders who still like the cheap super soft tiny tire like 5102 or 1488, has better grip in any condition, deeper threads, last longer, and still maintain a good softness with

Posted Images

3 hours ago, EMA said:

CST
C113   
2.75-14   
1.9kg
71mm wide on "classic BG/GW rim"

IMG_20211102_102253.jpg

IMG_20211102_102301.jpg

IMG_20211102_102337.jpg

Looks interesting indeed!
Promising dimensions, shape and thread pattern. Looking forward to riding impressions as well.

On 11/2/2021 at 8:05 AM, EMA said:

C113 is good but have not the "rail" feel of a michelin or a k66 for example.

@EMAlooking at the k66 for msp ht, is it a good tire for a street only rider? Kinda looks like an offroad tire. 

I like the Michelin street 2 on my exn (80/90-14). I tried the same tire in a smaller size for the msp (70/90-14), but could not for the life of me get the damn thing on there. i got it half on there, but the tire isn't wide enough to install the inner tube. Felt obvious and hopeless.

1 hour ago, Denny Paul said:

@EMAlooking at the k66 for msp ht, is it a good tire for a street only rider? Kinda looks like an offroad tire.

It does carve a bit differently, promoting a slight motorcycle-style lean into the curve. But I like the overall stability and slow speed control so much that I haven’t tried a tire I’d rather ride on even on pavement only.

1 hour ago, Denny Paul said:

I tried the same tire in a smaller size for the msp (70/90-14), but could not for the life of me get the damn thing on there. i got it half on there, but the tire isn't wide enough to install the inner tube. Felt obvious and hopeless.

70/90 sure must be tight. Even on a 80/80 it seems easier to put the inner tube inside the outer tube before putting the outer tire on the rim. Then the valve in first, and then putting the outer tire on as if it were tubeless.

On 11/7/2021 at 4:29 AM, Denny Paul said:

I like the Michelin street 2 on my exn (80/90-14). I tried the same tire in a smaller size for the msp (70/90-14), but could not for the life of me get the damn thing on there. i got it half on there, but the tire isn't wide enough to install the inner tube. Felt obvious and hopeless.

70/90 even on the same 14 rim it's smaller, not a good size for our EUC imho

k66 and pilot street are both great :

try the k66 for fun! or if you want something a bit better for off-road and wet/mud surfaces, carve a bit differently like @mrelwood said

if you like the Michelin Street 2 and want the same feeling on the other wheel don't change, should have a bit more on streets ( not sure if we can get this on euc limited speed )

Edited by EMA
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 1:35 PM, EMA said:

both measured on "classic gotway rim" EXN in this case:

kenda k340            73.6 mm

k66  80/90-14        73.7 mm

IMG_20211029_122028.jpg

IMG_20211029_121925.jpg

Thinner rim = smaller tire width when installed?

I wonder what width would be on kingsong 18xl rim.

Has anyone tried the Michelin Pilot Street 2 on the first gen Sherman rims (I believe 40mm wide rim)?   I tried to get mine to seat properly but it just wouldn't work (it would mount, but looking from the front the tire would bob up and down, so I finally put the stock tire back on.  I thought about getting the 2nd gen rim (60 mm) and seeing if it works on that.

1 hour ago, 67SS said:

I tried to get mine to seat properly but it just wouldn't work (it would mount, but looking from the front the tire would bob up and down

All tires tend to do that on EUC rims to some extent, until they are manually centered/aligned.

- Once you have the tire installed, place the wheel upside down before inflating. For example hanging on the opened pedals between two chairs.

- Follow the alignment line on the tire, and wherever it bulge out away from the rim, push the tire inwards. And vice verse.

- Once you are happy with the results, add roughly 6 psi / 0.4 bar into the tire.

- Repeat the last two steps a few times, until the tire can no longer moved by hand.

- Inflate fully, and ride for a week to see if the remaining offset straightens itself out.

On 11/7/2021 at 4:29 AM, Denny Paul said:

I had same issue with tube on a V11. So this is what I did. 

Tire lubricant is your friend. Nope I really mean it. I bough a bucket for 20€, best money spend. 

So there are 2 ways to go either insert valve in the rim first or mount one side and the push it to the wrong side. Then it should look like this:

Tire => (    )      <-slide in tube from this side. 

[    ] <=rim

Then you push tire back over the area of the valve the pull the tube under the tire wall. 

The key doing this way is you don't need cleaning to push valve into the rim as it is already there so you only need the space of a flat compressed tube. And the time you have the most option to move the tire is when you slide it over the valve area. 

I can't say why I spend so much before time thinking of this. But I guess my Danish attitude made it impossible to admit defeat by a tire. 🤔😁