Ninebot One S2 turns on, but does not charge

OxygenGS

Hey guys,

just came home from a nice ride on the S2. However, now i plugged it into the power and the light stays green and it does not charge.

The S2 does still turn on.. anyone that can maybe help figure out what the issue is here?

• 2 years later...

Hi!

I have the exact same problem. 

Batteries are at 25%. I can run it, but it won't charge. And the light stays green on the charger. 
Is there any fuse to change under the covers? Is there a fuse in the charger? 

I have the exact same issue and it started this week too. The wheel turns on even though the battery is low, but it does not charge. The light stays green on the charger. Anyone know what the voltages on the 4 pins on the charger output are supposed to be?

• 2 weeks later...

It is supposed to be 63V, as stated on the charger. :) It is only 2 out of those 4 that is in use. 
I realized after a lot of testing that it is actually charging, but super slow! You can see each battery voltage in the app. Turn it on and check the % and/or the voltage on each battery. Put it on charge for 24 h, and check again. Don't leave it "on" because it uses more power being on than the charger can deliver (in my case). I have ordered a new charger now. I get back here and tell you how it went. 

• Like 2

You were right! I left it to charge since my last post, and now the battery is at 35%. At this rate it will take 4 more days to get to 100%. I use my wheel rarely enough that I might be OK with this pace of charging. I'm still curious to find out if a new charger fixes the problem for you, so can't wait for you to report back. Good luck.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2023 at 11:17 AM, Guppyplopp said:

realized after a lot of testing that it is actually charging, but super slow!

10 minutes ago, fhopper said:

At this rate it will take 4 more days to get to 100%

Please be carefull - if this is due to aged/misbalanced/deteriorated cells this slow long time charging could bring some higher fire incident risk!

A new charger did not help. :( I gave up and sent it to Segway service. It will probably be an expensive story... Just shipping 12kg will cost. 

I was using the wheel this weekend. It runs completely normal. 
I suspect the BMSs. Most stories about faulty batteries have had different symptoms, from what I have read so far. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. It was the charging port that is mechanically damaged, they say. 

The port cost 1,29 €

Labour 45 €

Total 97 € incl shipping. 

If I know, or suspected it, I could have easily changed that port myself. 
I never suspected the port since the wheel indicated it got power from the charger when it was connected. But perhaps there is different connectors for charging vs power supply...? Or just not enough connection to give enough current? 

Any way, if you are handy, and if you can order a new contact, you can probably fix it yourself.

• Like 1