3D printed wider sidepads for Sherman

Willy510

oh that is nice. Did you use TPU? I freking LOVE tpu. Thanks for the link, I'll go check it out!  I am going to try the stock pads, but I havent yet, as it'll cover the screws and I have some otw. Any suggest how to make that screw hole? I was thinking a very hot punch and melt. I dont have any scarificial pads here of same structure, to test on. How do your pads feel? I envision quite a few 3d printed farkles soon.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

On 9/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

oh that is nice. Did you use TPU? I freking LOVE tpu. Thanks for the link, I'll go check it out!  I am going to try the stock pads, but I havent yet, as it'll cover the screws and I have some otw. Any suggest how to make that screw hole? I was thinking a very hot punch and melt. I dont have any scarificial pads here of same structure, to test on. How do your pads feel? I envision quite a few 3d printed farkles soon.

They feel pretty nice and they are just about as squishy as the stock pads, printed in TPU with a 10% fill.   I'd use a gasket punch to make the holes and no heat

Printer is actually printing one RIGHT NOW, in black tpu 10% honeycomb with supports. I figured... wth, I've nothing muchn to lose. I also found the stock pads a bit narrow. I have some VEYR high quality foam for this very thing, but printing is a lazy way to make perfect. Hell, tear em up, print again. Wouldnt you know it, I JUST put the stock pads on. Melting with a punch worked well. Now i just gotta try and pull the stock w/o ruining them and find some decent 3m tape. Thanks for sharing the stl. With it alone, I could modify as needed for personal fit. I'll let know how goes.

43 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Printer is actually printing one RIGHT NOW, in black tpu 10% honeycomb with supports. I figured... wth, I've nothing muchn to lose. I also found the stock pads a bit narrow. I have some VEYR high quality foam for this very thing, but printing is a lazy way to make perfect. Hell, tear em up, print again. Wouldnt you know it, I JUST put the stock pads on. Melting with a punch worked well. Now i just gotta try and pull the stock w/o ruining them and find some decent 3m tape. Thanks for sharing the stl. With it alone, I could modify as needed for personal fit. I'll let know how goes.

I use this stuff to mount a lot of stuff, easier to find and cheaper than the big rolls of 3M that I usually use. Works great for side pads. 

gorilla.jpg

• Like 3