plugging a US charger in the UK

CharlesRomer

9 minutes ago, CharlesRomer said:

Hey Guys

I'm ordering a inmotion v8f but it comes with a US charger, I'm wondering if I can plug this charger into a UK socket with an adapter without the machine blowing up lol?

I really don't want to pay £50 for a Uk charger. 

Thanks

You should ask the reseller which charger you're getting - many chargers work with 230V and 110V. But an US charger could be 110V only...

5 minutes ago, CharlesRomer said:

The seller isn't sure. That why I'm asking if anyone else knows. 

On chargers allowed to be sold in the EUC there should be the input voltage range printed on it...

Same for chargers in the US?

So if the reseller cannot take a look at the charger, maybe a forum member with a V8F reads this and can help out!

Get the reseller to take a photo of the charger.  Most modern electronics is designed to be dual voltage purely for manufacturing cost economics: Why design and build two chargers when you can design and build one and just change the power cable?

The charger should have the input voltages, frequencies power written on it.  It's actually law in most countries that this is labelled, including the US and EU, so the seller should be able to do this.

And, TBH, if they can't, there are many other sellers to buy EUCs from...

• Like 1